I ordered a grey bag in December of 2020.  I fell in love with the size, color options, and price $129.00  When I received this bag it had an odor like someone dropped a perfume bottle on it, it was horrible.

Because I really really liked it I soaked it in hot water, turned it inside out with baking soda still couldn't get rid of it.  I had to throw it out in the garbage, was very upset!!  

I wish someone at QVC would give me the grey one that I fell in love with as I am soooooo disappointed . I can't understand that I was the only person this happened too.

Valued Contributor
Why didn't you return it?
Trusted Contributor

I am sorry you were so disappointed but for that amount of money or any amount of money you should have returned it on the spot.  At least that way you wouldn't be out both the bag and the money.

Esteemed Contributor

defective merchandise can be returned without any cost to you.......didn't know if you knew that....

Honored Contributor

Why did you not return it?  My next question is why would anyone soak a handbag in hot water? 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

defective?

I doubt it. It's made of PVC which is polyvinyl chloride, Smells bad because it it toxid chemicals,

Honored Contributor

All complaints aside, didn't this bag come last time with an additional "leather" strap to give it a dressier appearance rather than 2 woven print straps? 

Super Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

All complaints aside, didn't this bag come last time with an additional "leather" strap to give it a dressier appearance rather than 2 woven print straps? 

The additional strap was also canvas but it was a solid color.

Super Contributor

Before the TSV of the medium size, I purchased both a grey and brown one (larger size) and yes, it did have a type of sachet included to help with the odor. I guess that was their way of addressing the odor problem because I read the reviews before purchasing and people complained about the smell. It was strong at first, but then I took the sachet out and put it in my car as a an air freshener! haha. The scent has gone away from my bags and I'm pleased with my purchase. I received my smaller TSV bag today and it had no odor. LOVE. THESE. BAGS!

Respected Contributor

I received one of the straps I ordered and I love it. I put it on my Dooney bag and it looks good. The hardware on the bag and the strap are gold so it is perfect.

Luckily I have bags that have rings are the side and was able to slide out the old leather strap and replace with the guitar one.  It's like a new bag!