Valued Contributor

A278598 Saffiano domed satchel

I just ordered my pale blue buckle domed satchel. I ordered it express delivery because I just can't wait.  I first bought it as is, but the next day it said back ordered, I was so bummed out, so when I called CS they said she would remove the shipping cost on the bag.......  Yea!!!  I will get my bag on Thursday 

Trusted Contributor

Re: A278598 Saffiano domed satchel

@QuinnPenny yay! Glad CS helped you out. Post a review when you get the bag. I now others that got it have love it. 

Super Contributor

Hi Allure, you will not be disappointed when you see this bag.  I picked it up on sale too and I just love it!  Woman Very Happy

Valued Contributor

Annespan, what color did you get?  I was surprised at how soft the leather is, I thought it would be hard and structured, what about you?

Super Contributor

Hi Allure, I ordered the pale blue as well.  It is a really unique and gorgeous color, isn't it?  Definitely a 'Spring/Summer shade' but not so pastel that it will have to hibernate come Winter.  I foresee wearing this bag in colder months as well, esp with grey clothes.  

IMHO no one produces Saffiano leather bags as beautifully as D&B does -- their Saffiano actually is slightly plump (in a good way!) and not at all plasticky.  Some comparably priced Saffiano bags, while they might look great, do not have as fine a hand, some almost feel like leather applied to cardboard.  The first D&B Saffiano bag I purchased was the Sawyer crossbody and it made me a hardcore convert for sure!

Honored Contributor

I like Saffiano and like the bag, but wasn't wowed by any of the colors.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Annespan, don't you just love that blue, I have had this bag for 4 days and I have had 1-3 comments per day.  I have florentine leather bags, and never had this many people comment on my bags before.  I live in Az, so I plan to wear this bag most of the year while I'm here.  Yes, I'm very surprised at how soft the saffiano leather is, I was expecting a very hard bag, like some of the other bags I have felt in the mall stores, I am very happy with my bag, and plan on buying more Dooney saffiano bags in the future.  Thanks for your feedback.

Super Contributor

Hey Allure, so glad you are enjoying your new Dooney so much!  This Pale Blue is really special.  There's a Sophie on sale at ilovedooney that has me MIGHTY tempted, but I am trying to restrain myself haha!  http://www.ilovedooney.com/pebble-grain-sophie/R080.html?cgid=ild-collections-pebblegrain&dwvar_R080...