Occasional Contributor

I would love to have a Dooney and Bourke bag that was like a satchel, big enough to hold my stuff, and not weigh a ton.  Any suggestions?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A not-so-heavy D&B

[ Edited ]

I think most of their nylon and coated cotton bags are pretty lightweight...you can always check the weight listed in the description of each bag. I know the Q does a great job of listing things like that vs. some other sites I've seen. 

ETA~ you should check the Dooney site for specials right now too!

Respected Contributor

Re: A not-so-heavy D&B

[ Edited ]

Not a satchel but I just got the Dixon hobo and it seems very lightweight.  The coated cotton bags are good also.

Honored Contributor

I never really paid attention to bag weights until the last year.  I don't like a bag over a pound.  Dooney's are often two and up.  The nylon bags seem to sell well here.

Esteemed Contributor

@Cathy with a C, I have a Dooney nylon tote in Black.  I bought to use in the rain and I like it a lot.  Not heavy at all.  No feet on it though which I prefer.  LM

Honored Contributor

The coated cotton bags are lighter and are very nice, but if you're looking, OP, for a lighter weight leather bag, you might want to consider something in Saffiano leather. I have a Dooney nylon bag and it's nice, but overall, I'm not a big fan of pricey nylon bags. For non-leather, I prefer their coated cotton bags.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...