Frequent Contributor

Re: A Fanny Pack by Any Other Name...

My 9 year old daughter has Type 1 Diabetes.  Today she got her insulin pump.  Because she likes yoga type pants (rather than jeans), I ordered the Lori Greiner magnetic bag to hold her pump (and possibly a few of her other diabetic supplies).  I hope that it works well for her Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Ive enjoyed using Lori Grenier's pouch.   It has a strongly magnetized flap that goes inside your waistband then a pouch for money,  cell phone,  credit cards,  etc. and it lays so flat with an overshirt,  you can't see or detect it at all.  You also can't feel it and forget you have it on. 

I use this as well! A far better solution than any fanny pack! A great call out @Kachina624!

I wasn't impressed during the presentation of this, with the security of it. Seems like it could easily be lost, especially if one was being very active. Also not big enough for most uses I would need. Not really enough room for a set of keys and a few other necessities.

Reviews aren't very good either. I consider one and two star reviews as an F for the product. And this one has more of those than it does five stars. That is usually a red flag for me to look closer at a product.

Honored Contributor

Ok, I do have a belt bag from the old MaxxNY line on the Q.  It is black and has a flat square shape - not round like a fanny pack.  I keep thinking I will get rid of it because I have a few small crossbody bags that can serve as a hands free bag.  I keep it because sometimes even a crossbody moves as it is worn and gets in the way. 

Honored Contributor

@Montana wrote:

There are some flat, stylish fanny packs.  They are nothing like the old bulky ones and are also called belt bags sometimes.

I carry my cell phone in a small, flat bag I found on Amazon. I do not want a bag large enough to carry anything else.  It is not noticeable under my tops and I like knowing my cell phone is always on my person.  I don't have to think about where it is.  

It takes a bit of searching but there are quite a few "designer" fanny packs.  The Q used to sell this type of bag.

Yes, the Q used to sell these.  Mine is from the Q many years ago - MaxxNY brand.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Jacie wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Ive enjoyed using Lori Grenier's pouch.   It has a strongly magnetized flap that goes inside your waistband then a pouch for money,  cell phone,  credit cards,  etc. and it lays so flat with an overshirt,  you can't see or detect it at all.  You also can't feel it and forget you have it on. 

I use this as well! A far better solution than any fanny pack! A great call out @Kachina624!

I wasn't impressed during the presentation of this, with the security of it. Seems like it could easily be lost, especially if one was being very active. Also not big enough for most uses I would need. Not really enough room for a set of keys and a few other necessities.

Reviews aren't very good either. I consider one and two star reviews as an F for the product. And this one has more of those than it does five stars. That is usually a red flag for me to look closer at a product.

I used this everyday in the summer when bike riding, holds my phone, keys, DL, some money and lip balm. Had no security issues whatsoever!  It was a great purchase for me!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I find crossbody bags ideal for my hands-free outings.  I have some very nice ones and they never get in my way.  For waking my dog I either always have pockets in my jacket, or in the summer I have the Lori Grenier flat zip thing that fits flat under a t-shirt and you forget you have it on.