Honored Contributor

Re: A Fanny Pack by Any Other Name...

They need to make it bigger. I tried packing my fanny in one. Couldn't get one cheek in it, let alone my fanny.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a light blue leather one that is only 2" deep and it has been a lifesaver many times when going to visit sites where you want your hands free.

Respected Contributor

There are some flat, stylish fanny packs.  They are nothing like the old bulky ones and are also called belt bags sometimes.

I carry my cell phone in a small, flat bag I found on Amazon. I do not want a bag large enough to carry anything else.  It is not noticeable under my tops and I like knowing my cell phone is always on my person.  I don't have to think about where it is.  

It takes a bit of searching but there are quite a few "designer" fanny packs.  The Q used to sell this type of bag.

Honored Contributor

Ive enjoyed using Lori Grenier's pouch.   It has a strongly magnetized flap that goes inside your waistband then a pouch for money,  cell phone,  credit cards,  etc. and it lays so flat with an overshirt,  you can't see or detect it at all.  You also can't feel it and forget you have it on. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Ive enjoyed using Lori Grenier's pouch.   It has a strongly magnetized flap that goes inside your waistband then a pouch for money,  cell phone,  credit cards,  etc. and it lays so flat with an overshirt,  you can't see or detect it at all.  You also can't feel it and forget you have it on. 

I use this as well! A far better solution than any fanny pack! A great call out @Kachina624!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

There's a place in this world for belt bags.  Not everyone places fashion above safety and convenience. 

Esteemed Contributor

One gal called in during one of the Evine shows and really liked the one from Patricia Nash in the map design. 

She uses it when she walks a very large dog and needs both hands.  That makes sense.

Contributor

I saw this and I LOVE IT!!! Bought it in 3 colors... so happy because I have always wanted a bag like this when traveling, or even out for a walk.. perfect!! thank you Aimee!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Got this one also.  Two problems, not big enough for me to store stuff when I travel AND IT HAS A MAGNET WHICH CREATED HAVOC ON MY HOTEL KEY AND MY GIFT CARDS(SOME OF THEM)  Otherwise as long as I don't fill it up, it is wonderful.

Regular Contributor

I thought the "fanny pack" was gorgeous! I'm just trying to decide whether to get the silver or the animal print one! Love the beautiful leather on them and can't wait to get as a Valentine's present for me, from me.