Honored Contributor

I have a flower garden on one side of my house, it gets sun from the morning ubtil late afternoon, about6 hours, i need a slash of color red for sure, would tall zinnas give me that?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Yes, you will have continual color all summer.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Try dahlias too for later in summer color.

Look for red salvias too (annuals).

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I have a flower garden on one side of my house, it gets sun from the morning ubtil late afternoon, about6 hours, i need a slash of color red for sure, would tall zinnas give me that?

@goldensrbest  Last year I bought a packet of  Liliput Zinnia seeds at Dollar Tree  (4/$1.00) and planted them in a bed, had blooms all summer.  Zinnias come in a lot of varieties, large and small, and are great bloomers.  They are susceptible to mildew so make sure they have good aeration where you plant them.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest  Last year I bought a packet of  Liliput Zinnia seeds at Dollar Tree  (4/$1.00) and planted them in a bed, had blooms all summer.  Zinnias come in a lot of varieties, large and small, and are great bloomers.  They are susceptible to mildew so make sure they have good aeration where you plant them.

The Profusion zinnias were one of the first to come out and be disease resistant. There are others now available-- google disease resistant zinnias for more options.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼