Super Contributor

Have you seen any?  I haven't but I did hear a mourning dove recently very early in the morning.

mourning3.jfif

Trusted Contributor

Our winter birds are here, cardinals, blue jays, juncos, chickadees, nuthatches, titmice, finches etc.... Are these the ones you are referring to? These are our normal visitors, other than the juncos-they are our 'snowbirds'.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

I have mourning doves here all year long. They never leave. What I'm seeing more of now are the sparrows and finches. They are having seed-eating parties in my yard almost every morning. So cute!

Respected Contributor

I feed birds year-round.  I have been seeing:  mourning doves, red winged balck birds, black birds, robins (they don't feed), cardinals, blue birds, sparrows, wrens, and finches. Love watching the birds!  

Respected Contributor

Re: winter birds

[ Edited ]

@bigLou wrote:

Have you seen any?  I haven't but I did hear a mourning dove recently very early in the morning.

mourning3.jfif

Side note, and I feel silly....I always thought they were "Morning" doves. Though their call does sound mournful, as I think of it. "Morning dove" does sound like a happier name...but anyway...I stand corrected!

Have not seen as many cardinals as usual or any, lately, or even many birds at all... but I should put my feeder back out. Have seen blue jays, titmice, and a few others I can't think of names for right now..I'm in CT.

Super Contributor

In my area they're too cold to come out

winter birds2.png

Respected Contributor

In my California backyard I only have 2 kinds of birds, California towhee and Bewicks wren (that one talks all the time).  I wish I had more variety.  Usually we have mocking birds, and I have no idea where they went.  We always have wild parrots flocking here and there.  

Valued Contributor

Re: winter birds

[ Edited ]

We have doves, wrens, sparrows, male and female cardinals, bluejays, woodpeckers, house finches, and lots of those darling little phoebes!! They wait on me every morning to put out their fresh food! Then when I go back in the house, they have a party!! We love watching them!đź•Š Oh....and red winged black birds!!

Super Contributor

I saw my first birds of winter today ... a flock of black crows were passing by and stayed briefly in the trees outside my window.  Could be a sign of Spring?

Honored Contributor

Lots of birds i feed them, by the way save your egg shells give them to the birds,they love them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.