Contributor

Re: stargazer liles in bloom

Just picked my last stargazers, 12+, and I couldn't be more pleased. Whole house smells indelible.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

My lilies are blooming and they smell heavenly!! Only half of them made it this year as our spring and summer has been so awful with rain and cold temps (wa state) that the blulbs rotted. How do I put a photo on here to show them off? I have several more ordered for next spring. Would love to see and hear what your faves are. Maybe even recommend some for me to try.

@wagirl  What size pots do you have your lilies in?  I will have to move them to large pots this year as they are still in one gallon pots, but of course they have rooted into the ground so are as big as they would be elsewhere.  There are gophers here, so if I put them into the ground, they would have to go into wire baskets, and would soon outgrow them, so pots seem better.

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl I just LOVE Stargazers! I was given two several years ago. They are planted in my patio bed, so we can smell them when we are sitting out. They are a bit too fragrant for my DH to bring inside. Sadly, this year one did not come back; however, the other one is blooming nicely. It doesn't get very tall, but this year it has lots of blooms.

stargazers.jpg

Honored Contributor

mousie---I have them in big pots, maybe 12" in diameter, but some in smaller ones too. I limit it to 3 bulbs each. I bought the Sumatra lilies from Robertas this year---and they are popping out now--omg--the frangrance is amazing. Have a few that didn't grow buds that are like suckers --not sure if I should cut them down or let them go. Love them so much!!!

Honored Contributor

pa mom---yes I have many stargazers and many more in white, pale yellow, pink and salmon color--all smell good!! Some of them failed but most came thru fine. I always buy more to plant. My hubs feels the sme way about the smell--not me--I bring in several. will post some pics as they bloom! Some of them are taller than me--I'm 5'5" tall!! 

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

mousie---I have them in big pots, maybe 12" in diameter, but some in smaller ones too. I limit it to 3 bulbs each. I bought the Sumatra lilies from Robertas this year---and they are popping out now--omg--the frangrance is amazing. Have a few that didn't grow buds that are like suckers --not sure if I should cut them down or let them go. Love them so much!!!

@wagirl  Thank you. Smiley Happy  I bought  Roberta's 6-piece Oriental Roselily, much shorter than the Stargazers,, and they all have buds now, can't wait to see what size the blooms will be.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@wagirl  Here are two. will look for more pics later.DSCF7202.JPG

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

DSCF4922.JPGDSCF7207.JPG

Honored Contributor

mousie---yes I have those 2 colors too!! And I have the roselily one too,  that is even nicer this year, than last year. Hee is a pic of it---hopefully Woman Frustrated it doesn't have a huge aroma to it like the others . 

IMG_0052.JPG