Super Contributor
I live in Arizona so orange trees should flourish. My tree isn't, probably my fault. It's about 6 feet tall and was planted in March. The nursery said it was a good time. Well, my tree doesn't seem to be doing well. The leaves are slightly curling into themselves and I have lost quite a few leaves. I try to water well every other day and the sprinkler system waters the grassy area around it daily. There are no bugs on the tree or in the soil. The nursery isn't helping. They want a service call to come out and won't give me any ideas in the store. Does anyone have an idea of what I am doing wrong?
Honored Contributor

When you water, is it a deep soaking? I have an Apricot tree. I put the hose into the wl, if no well, at the drip line, and turn it on to a very slow stream, and let it go for two-three hours at a time. Google the curling leaf issue, it might be lack of deep watering, or something else.

ETD: I just googled, and one cause of curling leaves is too much water, but there are other causes for curling leaves.

Honored Contributor
Page justjazzmom, she's a master gardner and may have the answer.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Arizona-- orange trees are out of my league but I will post Cooperative extension of AZ that you can call (click on your county and contact them with the questions).

Further down that linked page are the counties. Click on your county and another window comes up. Then click on the locations tab in middle of the page for the contact number.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Frequent Contributor

I live in El Paso and have been trying to redo my yard after 20 years of tenants. I planted a 4 foot olive tree and the nursery said to water 11/2 gallons of water per week. It adds up to water about every 3 days in this heat. It is growing very slowly.

We moved from the coast of Ca. The orange growers in our area used shade cloth for the small trees and tomatoes. I am doing the same thing with my tomatoes. It may be to hot for your orange tree. Good luck, Sonnie

Super Contributor
Thanks so much. I think there is more to this than I originally thought. Apparently my backyard is infested with ants. That's why there are so many brown spots. And i thought it was the dog. Well the yard will be treated this week. Then I guess I will see what the tree does. I will also look up the sites you told me about, justjazzmom. Thanks again