Honored Contributor

Just ordered this---so cute!

Fucshia3_800x.jpg

Respected Contributor

Oh my! Where oh where did you find this beauty? My hummer friends would love it! TIA!

Respected Contributor

Re: new hummer feeder

[ Edited ]

This guy has been dropping by my hummer feeders. Funny to see the hummers try and scare mr. oriole away.

Image result for yellow bird at hummingbird feeder

Honored Contributor

OK....so where did you buy that?  My little guys would be enticed by the vivid colors.

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl , your feeder is lovely.  We tried new feeders here and the hummers only like the older style glass ones.  The others sit in the garage.  I should either give them away or recycle.  LM

Honored Contributor

Re: new hummer feeder

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom   I had the same experience.  Bought some fancy and beautiful feeders and eventually took them down because they only used the classic red and yellow feeders.  Maybe we should wait to see if @wagirl 's hummers like the new feeder? I'm willing to give it another try ...what we won't do for our nature friends!

Respected Contributor

That new hummer feeder is really unique and cute, at least to my human eyes.  But the real question is will the hummingbirds love it.

In the past I have purchased fancy feeders.  Finally I figured out it was best to go to the Hummingbird Society or National Audubon Society and follow their guidelines for the feeders and solution mixture. 

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd @silkyk 

I am not sure where OP purchased it.  But I saw it at Spring Hill Nurseries website.  It is approximately $70.  It appears very big and weighty.

Esteemed Contributor

I'll stick with the perch style - it gives the hummers a chance to sit & relax for a moment.  And they do most of the time.

Respected Contributor

Its a fushia, so cool!

I googled it and see Bed, Bath and Beyond has it for 46.99