Honored Contributor

It is so pretty but I always worry about sharp points on things for birds. I don't want them to hurt themselves. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

It's a beautiful feeder, but the hummingbirds that use my feeders always perch while eating.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@wagirl   How fun is this??!!  Hummers are hovering in line to try it out.

Contributor

Q has the fuchsia feeder for under $50.  We have had literally dozens of hummingbird feeders, some good, some bad, but this year we ordered M55588 set of two for $39.88 and hit the jackpot.  They are very well made, attractive, and easy to clean.  Best of all, the hummers love them.  They seem to appreciate the perches so they can rest while they drink.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure the hummers will not poke themselves on it and I have a regualr feeder close by so they can sit and rest---don't really care if they use it---just liked the looks of it . Heck my hummers perch on my hand when I change the feeder especially when it leaks and covers my hand--ever been licked by a hummer??? Very in-ter-esting----RIP Artie !

Honored Contributor

Re: new hummer feeder

[ Edited ]

@wagirl wrote:

Just ordered this---so cute!

Fucshia3_800x.jpg

@wagirl   Love it!  I recently bought many fucshias for the hummers, in addition to the many salvias I grow all around, some flowers are so tiny that I wonder if even hummer beaks can get inside.

Are your lilies blooming yet?  Mine are exploding!

Respected Contributor
I too like the pretty ornate and colorful feeders, but the few I had were a pain to clean and take apart. Then they leaked...so I threw them out.
I have 2 of the Hummzinger type...ordered from Amazon. Super easy to assemble and clean. The hummers come like crazy and sit on them while feeding, and gives me a chance to really view them well. It's a wide saucer type feeder in red. Someone here recommended it. Just ordered one for my daughter, and she saw her 1st birdie today, came within 2 feet of her...now she wants another one🤣
Frequent Contributor

I have a classic plastic red based feeder.  This year I am so entertained and pleased with my beautiful guests that are enjoying the feeder, and my Rose Of Sharon.  I was feeding them organic sugar, only to find this is dangerous because of iron?  Who knew.  So I make my nectar with Domino Sugar now.  I sit on my terrace and watch these magnificent magical little creatures. .  They make my day...