Honored Contributor

need a new trimmer/ edger tool

Would prefer lithium battery type.  I was looking at green works brand on Amazon but it looks like the feeder on it for the string has issues....   any other battery brand that you have and works great?

Honored Contributor

Re: need a new trimmer/ edger tool

I've had a variety of Weed Eaters over the years, and I've had trouble with the string feeding correctly with every single one.  I think this problem is inherent in this type of tool.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden@Kachina624, I agree with @Kachina624.  I have a large property and I am the whipper sniper edger person in this house.  I have tried many brands and to me they all seem to have the same issues.  I have used Black and Decker, Worx and Ryobi.  LM

Super Contributor

I've had GREAT luck with my worx trimmer that I purchased from QVC. I love the fact that it's lightweight and you can easily convert it from a "weed-eater" to an edger. I even convinced my parents to get one, because of its ease of use and how lightweight it is!

Esteemed Contributor

In the last two years I have purchased these types of tools from the Sun Joe and Worx line on QVC. I was really pleased with them. I wanted a few of these outside tools that were battery operated (lithium) and did not weigh over 10 pounds (preferred under 8) so I could handle all the garden, patio and front porch areas. You know it's good when you see your husband reaching for it.

Honored Contributor

@Fressa @tl98466 @Lilysmom @Kachina624 

Thanks so much for all your input! I went ahead and ordered the trimmer from Green Works off of Amazon.  It should be here tomorrow.  I look forward to using it as my 20 year old trimmer is worthless anymore.... I tried to just cut some grass and it would not... and it takes days to recharge......

I also ordered a green Works mower off of Walmart dot com.  it will be here Friday.  Again, replacing a worn out  very old gas mower that does not cut the lawn just chops it up.....

I already have two 40 volt batteries from other garden equiptment I ordered earlier so I did not have to pay for more batteries for either of them. much better price.

I love the fact of  a mower that will be much more quiet and no gas toxic fumes going into the air.

I will report back after using my trimmer and let you know how it goes Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden, good luck!  Let us know how you like them.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@SeaMaiden, good luck!  Let us know how you like them.  LM

@Lilysmom  Used both the new trimmer and mower. They are great! The mower is much quieter than the old gas mower and did a good job. Having the two batteries was perfect for mowing the whole lawn.

And the trimmer is really powerful!  Both good purchases🙂

Frequent Contributor

I have a Honda 4-stroke (gas, no mixing) that I bought around 6 yrs. ago. It's very dependable, should last a long time, and the shoulder harness is a must since it's 17 lbs.

Trusted Contributor

If it works well and you like your new toys..ahem tools...I have plenty of trimming you can practice on!   I'm way behind this year and no ambition to get it done 😟