Honored Contributor

We are tearing out our front yard landscape and putting in new plants and hardscape this spring.  

I have an idea of what I want and have gathered a few photos but I have been looking for a good website that might give me better ideas.

Does anyone have any sites they could direct me to for more ideas?   thanks.

Respected Contributor

qfrm - hgtv.jpg

Valued Contributor

I have gotten a lot of good landscaping ideas from Pinterest.  Good luck with your project.

Respected Contributor

Re: landscape websites?

[ Edited ]

qfrm - bhg.jpg

I'd start with the garden design and landscaping subcategories.

Esteemed Contributor

In Arizona very very few do green landscaping. Rocks and water conservation plants are the norm. If you like desert landscaping there are lots of ideas. 

Respected Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

qfrm - hgtv.jpg

I get so much inspiration from Pinterest. Crochet, knitting, hair, gardening, home decor etc. 

Honored Contributor

You must already have a pretty good idea of what does and doesn't appeal to you just by driving around the neighborhood.  When I had work done, the nursery I planned to use came up with a detailed design at no charge; they had a landscaping division. As I recall, I took measurements, accompanied by my own "blueprint" of the space to be landscaped and photographs; they took it from there. 

Respected Contributor

In this area there are many great landscaping companies that exhibit lovely displays at the Philly Flower Show, and have websites that demonstrate their expertise.  Perhaps you could search on google landscapers in your area.  We also have a local horticultural society.

There are also many great gardening magazines that showcase different designs and plants.

FInally, you could consult with a professional landscaper who might advise the most appropriate plants for your climate or your historical time period.  Just a consultation should not be too costly, but they would also do all the work, and they have great expertise and plant knowledge.

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty   I am doing more hardscape than landscape, which will save water and hopefully weed activity.

I am in the midwest so will not do desert style but minimal plant material.  I don't want it to look 'start' but I am not overdoing it.  I will die living in this house and I want minimal work.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr I have a pretty good idea of what I want - the problem is the front of the house is long and very tall -  I don't want to make any mistakes.