Occasional Contributor

help! My first pot garden and don't know what to plant. (i don't mean Cannabis ;)

Hi.

I am a plant killer. I am great with animals but plants - i'm the grim reaper.

I am a city dweller, (philly) and have a deck that faces south and gets sun ALL DAY!!!

I have a flower box which faces north and just get's sun in the morning.

Everything will need to be potted in planters or box etc...

My fav flowers are hydrangeas.

I was thinking of starting with lavender (i have two pots from the local super market) and from QVC the pink fireworks grass and sun patients for the flower box out front. And for the deck more sun patients, fireworks grass, and/or the hydrangeas that came out which are supposed to take sun and/ or the minature roses that came out that are supposed to take sun. All from Cottage farms. (i'm trying not to spend a huge amount here so that is part of the equation.)

The key here is EASY LOW MAINTENANCE! If they require a lot of special care - i will kill them. remember i'm the grim reaper of plants. Dogs and cats thrive, plants go the way of the Dodo.

It's very confusing for me to tell from the presentations what will grow in planters and what MUST be in the ground. I wish they had a show, or at least a spot on line that said planter garden or deck garden flowers... so i would know.

Thanks if you can suggest anything.

S.

P.s. i thought of artificial flowers but just can't go there.