Honored Contributor

I received mine ,they look sick, wish i had not ordered them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest, which ones did you order?  I ordered patio the set with tomato/eggplant and tomato/sweet peppers.  Sweet pepper set looks healthy but the eggplant looked awful!  I also ordered a five piece gourmet heirloom variety set and a couple of those looked bad upon delivery.  

I ordered from them again this year after being bitten before because ones that I bought last year elsewhere didn’t do well either.  So I gambled on Cottage Farms again.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

I tried a few of their things many years ago.  DONE.  Learned my lesson.  I go local now to purchase anything and everything.   The butterfly bushes (ha) they sent me were the size of a splinter, etc.  Not a fan.

Esteemed Contributor

Last year - Roberta's here.   Cukes and tomatoes - useless - lots of vines.  Eggplant (3) plants did very well in raised garden - took bags of them to neighbor. But won't bother again.

Honored Contributor

Re: cottage farms tomatoes

[ Edited ]

I GOT THE MATTO ones , there were two, never again ,many years ago i ordered minature roses they were nice ,but these tomatoes just look so sick.

Honored Contributor

Update, one has just curled up ,it is dying ,the other one just nlooks terrible,they should not sell their thingson here ,i want a refund.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Update, one has just curled up ,it is dying ,the other one just nlooks terrible,they should not sell their thingson here ,i want a refund.

@goldensrbest  I order a lot of Cottage Farms here, and every plant from Hydrangeas to tomatoes are thriving.  I always put very young small plants into pots until they grow larger instead of right into the ground.

Honored Contributor

The one tomato plant was just weak in the stem, hanging down, thin ,the other was just a bit better, so disappointed.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

The one tomato plant was just weak in the stem, hanging down, thin ,the other was just a bit better, so disappointed.

@goldensrbest  Call customer service, if you havn't already, and you will receive another plant or a refund, whichever you prefer.  Sometimes, very young plants cannot withstand the week or so in a box on their way to their destination.  I have had this issue with one company which is wonderful, but if I order in the Fall, some do not survive, the heat I suppose, so new plants are sent in the Spring or a refund.

Re: cottage farms tomatoes

[ Edited ]

I ordered the same 2 sets of Cottage Farms plants. The Patio Set of eggplant/peppers/tomatoes were in great shape. The shipping box was larger as were the pots and the plants. They are all doing well. The set of 5 heirloom tomatoes was a different tale. The box was smaller as were the pots and plants. Two were in good shape. two others were wilted top on fragle stems. The 5th was inbetween. I called Cottage Farms for replacements. Those were received about 3 weeks later. Again one was in good shpe the other was a wilted stem. I planted this one and the 5th one. They have both sprouted new follage and appear healthy but i doubt if they will yeild any tomatoes yet this year. Time will tell and I will keep you posted.