Honored Contributor

Ladies, in my flower/bush beds I have SO many weeds. I'm pulling them, and they come back in about 2 days. What's the best weed killer or way to get rid of these? I have someone put weed killer on my lawn a few times a year, but I don't in my flower/bush beds for fear that they may get some on my flowers. I have NO green thumb so sorry if this is a "silly" question. Thanks for any advice. I'm so terrible in my yard, and I hate yard work. But, I hate seeing all these weeds.

TIA

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

I haven't tried to kill any weeks yet.... maybe the one week all the bills come due?

Super Contributor
Go to your local nursery and ask for their advice. I just soak the area where the weeds are and that makes it easier to pull them out by the roots.
Frequent Contributor

Pull them or dig them out of there, then cover with mulch.

Honored Contributor
On 6/8/2014 4OU2 said:

Pull them or dig them out of there, then cover with mulch.

Thanks

I meant weeds, LOL!!

Honored Contributor
On 6/8/2014 ~moxie~ said: Go to your local nursery and ask for their advice. I just soak the area where the weeds are and that makes it easier to pull them out by the roots.

Thanks--I was having problems pulling them out moxie. It's like a weed jungle there.

Honored Contributor
On 6/8/2014 gazelle77 said:

I haven't tried to kill any weeks yet.... maybe the one week all the bills come due?

Honored Contributor
On 6/8/2014 winamac1 said:
On 6/8/2014 ~moxie~ said: Go to your local nursery and ask for their advice. I just soak the area where the weeds are and that makes it easier to pull them out by the roots.

Thanks--I was having problems pulling them out moxie. It's like a weed jungle there.

BTW, I pulled many out and they grew back!!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Super Contributor
On 6/8/2014 gazelle77 said:

These forums are a pretty good week killer.

Honored Contributor

You might try Preen. They do have one for southern weeds & a regular Preen. Just sprinkle it in the flower beds & water to activate it. It helped with our flower beds. It does not work on all weeds & you may still have some weeds pop up after removing all of them & applying the Preen if the weeds have already germinated. I know DH has been pulling less weeds. They also sell a Preen Weed Mulch but I have never tried it. It's suppose to keep weeds at bay for 6 months.