Respected Contributor

Just thought I chime in. I got a Minerva bulb about 4 weeks ago and it's just this week started to send up some leaves.  Don't give up Hope if it takes a few weeks to " wake up".

Occasional Contributor

I am confused about this!  According to the presentation on QVC, you just set this in a place that gets some light and it grows.  I didn’t get a disc (whatever that is).  I only got it because they said it grows inside.  It arrived today.  What do I do with it?  If I have to plant it outside or anything else other than giving it a little light inside, I will probably just throw it away.  HELP!  

Honored Contributor

@LindaLane,

If you purchased the wax coated amaryllis from QVC, you don’t need to do anything.

The boxed amaryllis kits available at WalMart and Lowe’s come with a bulb, a pot, and either have a bag of potting soil, or a compressed disc of potting soil that swells in water, so you can plant the amaryllis bulb.   

Regular Contributor

I bought an amaryllis in a pot with NO holes in the bottom of the pot. Should I drill some holes for drainage?

Honored Contributor

@Huge Hannah wrote:

I bought an amaryllis in a pot with NO holes in the bottom of the pot. Should I drill some holes for drainage?

Definitely! Place a saucer below pot when you need to water.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼