Honored Contributor

It is 70 degrees, sunny, breezy and beautiful here today. I decided to start cleaning up the yard, and what a mess. I have a huge pine tree and I only wish pine cones were worth money, I would make a fortune, 😆 Pine cones, pine needles and branches have filled 4 large bags and I’m no where near done in the front yard. It will be a busy few weeks before mowing starts, but I’m still glad it’s spring ! ☀️🌷☀️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

Same here in N.E. Mo. (Missouri..not Montana..LOL) yesterday and today. Did alot of yardwork yesterday..dethatched the yard and raked that and leaves from flower beds. Was outside from 10:00 to 7:00 (overdid)

Today I'll do some easier jobs like planting whiskey barrel and other containers. Supposed to be rainy and stormy the next few days..I'll recover then. Happy Spring!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I got 3 beds de-leaved, but several more to go.  And that doesn't count any weeding and then the mulching that has to be done.  I also got the leaves from the back of the driveway. They just build up there and my husband doesn't really care.  

Honored Contributor

https://cdn.quotesgram.com/small/99/69/371717975-im-thinking-about-doing-a-little-work-on-my-lawn-but-i-cant-decide-concrete-or-grave-spring-quote.jpghttps://cdn.quotesgram.com/img/98/6/1389878978-yard_work.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to those of you who mentioned you spent a lot of time getting leaves out of your beds and planting areas. I thought I was probably the only one and swore to myself that I'd do a better job this fall! We have a town home with a large patio and redwood fence around it. Today was the 2nd time I worked at getting all the blasted leaves out of that area. Hubby is disabled so he can't help me......I'm 71 and only devote a few hours at a time, so it takes me longer. Oh well - I tell myself it's good exercise! LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

Worked in my yard yesterday. Thought I was in pretty good shape, but by the way my muscles are aching today I know it's time to get out of this brace! My muscles miss swimming and ballet. Walking simply is not enough for this 71-year old. Although my yard and patios do look nice and I even bought a couple more plants yesterday! I'm ready to enjoy the outdoors again. Smiley Very Happy

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

I started about two weeks ago. But with so many days of straight rain I still have a bit to go.

Valued Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

Thanks to those of you who mentioned you spent a lot of time getting leaves out of your beds and planting areas. I thought I was probably the only one and swore to myself that I'd do a better job this fall! We have a town home with a large patio and redwood fence around it. Today was the 2nd time I worked at getting all the blasted leaves out of that area. Hubby is disabled so he can't help me......I'm 71 and only devote a few hours at a time, so it takes me longer. Oh well - I tell myself it's good exercise! LOL!

At least in Colorado - we leave leaves on our flower beds for protection, as a mulch.  So I am always facing having to rake my flower beds every spring.  The trick is to wait for our last heavy snowstorm which unfortunately is expected here tomorrow.  I just raked 5 big bags of leaves with more to do.   Typical spring weather.