Honored Contributor

Wow - nobody actually reads. Not one person understood any of this.

[ Edited ]

The landscape company for our HOA has gardeners out today mowing the lawns with their usual gas-powered mowers.

Of all times to add more pollution to the air. The air is filled with smoke and soot, and they seem to think it's OK to expose their workers (and everyone else) to more pollution.

Yes, I reported them. This is just a vent about how stupidity never seems to end. 

ETA: It does not matter if the lawn is two inches high or four inches. We are all inside due to smoke and soot in the air. And the other point is that the landscape workers are being exposed to the smokey air. In addition, our area is under a Spare the Air alert, which also means no gas-powered machines such as mowers should even be operating.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can't believe the HOA landscapers

Run for the board or volunteer for landscaping.  You could do something about your concerns.

Respected Contributor

If they don't mow then people will complain about that.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

So what do you propose they do; use push mowers, or electric. If yours is a large complex area like mine, I don't think that is practical. Our property borders on a lake property belonging to the county. They only mow when the grass/weeds reach 2-3 feet high. Very unsightly.

Respected Contributor

Professional Landscape Co.are not using electric or push mowers, I guarantee. They want to use gas.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Run for the board or volunteer for landscaping.  You could do something about your concerns.

I've already been the board president for a number of years. It's no longer something I'm able to do. 

Please don't make assumptions.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

It can be hard to figure why a landscaping company does what it does, especially when working for an HOA or condo association.  Here, they sometimes mow right after a rainy day, leaving muddy ruts in the lawn.  But I try not to be too critical; I suppose it's hard to schedule work when you're depemdent on the weather, and still need to keep employees busy.

Respected Contributor

When landscaping companies have a contract to mow they mow & gas powered equipment is what they use so...stupidity on their part, no.

Honored Contributor

If they don't mow they don't get paid and people complain.  It's their job.  Of course they have to mow.  

If they don't mow the grass gets too tall, harder to mow and they get behind in their work.

Good grief these people are working hard and trying to do their job.  Leave them alone!

Respected Contributor

I would never consider complaining about something like this.