Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can't believe the HOA landscapers

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach   In spite of those horrible fires, those companies and their employees are in business and expect their paychecks each week. How do you expect their families to survive if they aren't working?

If you don't agree with HOA policies, why are you living in an HOA in CA with grass and landscaping? You should have seen that coming years ago! Those fires happen every year all over the state. 

Many select homes with landscaping which does not attract fires with buying into an HOA (i.e. rocks, tiles, slate, concrete . . . yes, it is much hotter, but also more tolerate of sparks).

Be happy your HOA is diligent about having the lawns mowed and trimming back any messy, overgrown plants. Tall, dry grass is not safe during these fires. Your HOA and those lawnmowers are keeping you safe! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Wow - nobody actually reads. Not one person understood any of this.

I doubt the contractors hired by the HOA  are breaking the law against using gas mowers. They are probably licensed to use the equipment and given some relief from the law restraints on using gas powered equipment.

The air alert laws probably apply more strictly to individual homeowners, people who might mow less efficiently and so run their mowers longer, or mow more leisurely with a beer in one hand not exactly hurrying.  Also, some people might not keep their private equipment maintained so it might pollute more than professional gas-powered equipment that gets more attention. 

Since your original post did not mention California or the fires, I thought you might be right around the corner from where I live and complaining about air quality from the steaming hazy humidity here. If you want to be understood on the first read, be clear and thorough. Notice, I'm not saying just where "here" is. So that lets you decide where my crummy air might be. 

Valued Contributor

Shame @GingerPeach for re-editing your original post after receiving negative responses. You should have apologized separately  for not being clear.

Honored Contributor

I stand by what I wrote originally.

It was extremely clear that there was smoke and soot in the air since that was written in the very first post. It doesn't matter if the location is California.

There are other areas where there are fires, now and in the future. Even if it's one fire anywhere in the world, and some company forces their workers to go out into the smoke, that is wrong. A lawn does not NEED to be mowed every week, especially when safety reasons override any other reasons.

I never once said the lawns should NEVER be mowed. I said the workers were being exposed to the horrible air by their company. And I reported the COMPANY, not the workers. Again, few people actually took the time to read. And no one asked questions.  

Finally, I also  said this was a vent. There was no need for anyone to post your "instructions" as to how I should feel, how the workers and/or company should operate, where I should live, or any of the rest of what was said.

Sine when is it OK to force people to do unnecessary work during hazardous times that not endangers them but at the same time adds more pollutants to the air? You must be really privileged if having a perfectly mowed lawn is somehow more necessary than good health.

Good grief. I also stand by the changing of the title. Not enough people read.  And still don't.

I hope the mods delete this whole thread.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

@GingerPeach When I read your original post about smoke & soot.My thought was she must live in Ca. Cause of all the news I saw about the fires.Stay Safe
Respected Contributor

Re: Can't believe the HOA landscapers

@santorini wrote:

I would never consider complaining about something like this.  

I disagree. I'm glad some of us are concerned about air pollution, making the employees breathe polluted air, NOISE, etc. 

Super Contributor

Sorry to see this thread turned into something you didn't mean for it to.  I have been there myself on this forum .  Things getting twisted and turned into something it should not have.  Especially at a time when there is enough going on in this world......Empathy goes a long ways.  I hear and heard what you were trying to say.  Smoke and Air Quality are not just in California.  It would drive me nuts to hear air blowers every day...... or breathe in the fumes from the gas mowers.  ESPECIALLY with all of the fires going on at this time.   Your concerns and feelings are valid.  Sorry to read how mean spirited people can be.   PS. Contact the moderators and let them know you would like this thread deleted and why.   They will end comments to the thread for you. 

@GingerPeach wrote:

It was extremely clear that there was smoke and soot in the air since that was written in the very first post. It doesn't matter if the location is California.

There are other areas where there are fires, now and in the future. Even if it's one fire anywhere in the world, and some company forces their workers to go out into the smoke, that is wrong. A lawn does not NEED to be mowed every week, especially when safety reasons override any other reasons.

I never once said the lawns should NEVER be mowed. I said the workers were being exposed to the horrible air by their company. And I reported the COMPANY, not the workers. Again, few people actually took the time to read. And no one asked questions.  

Finally, I also  said this was a vent. There was no need for anyone to post your "instructions" as to how I should feel, how the workers and/or company should operate, where I should live, or any of the rest of what was said.

Sine when is it OK to force people to do unnecessary work during hazardous times that not endangers them but at the same time adds more pollutants to the air? You must be really privileged if having a perfectly mowed lawn is somehow more necessary than good health.

Good grief. I also stand by the changing of the title. Not enough people read.  And still don't.

@GingerPeach wrote: