Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom  Welcome to winter Ms Lily - I hope you don't mind the snow too much!  The birds look cold - lol!

I'm glad to see your manger is still up too - it does look quite lovely with the snow around.  Makes it appear more Christmas like.

Friends of mine who moved recently to La Crosse WI had their first snowfall 2 days ago - 11" in the first round.  We've yet to get any and I don't miss it either.  However the businesses around here who sell snow shovels, salt, calcium, ski places etc are really hurting needless to say. 

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD, how are you?  No, I don't mind the snow.  Winters like the bad one of 2015 do give me pause for thought though!  First snows are so pretty.  I also enjoy a four month break from gardening.  By the time April comes I will be running around trying to get the snow off my crocus😃 and looking forward to new garden plans.

All the best to you and your family in 2016!  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom  I do agree that I enjoy as well the first snow fall, always seems so silent & peaceful.  After that, I'm DONE!!!!!  I'm not a cold weather winter person but I suppose we all put up with it.  And of course as you and I know, we NEED the cold for our gardens to be beautiful in the spring & summer. 

Wishing you and your family a very blessed, wonderful new year.  Be healthy, wealthy and wise with the people around you who warm your heart, love in your garden and bless the animals we all so need, care for and love.  Pink

Trusted Contributor

@Lilysmom,

Simply beautiful.  Your manger is beautiful.

Honored Contributor

So lovely, @Lilysmom

Your gardens sparkle in all seasons.

My wishes for a wonderful new year.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Lilysmom:  Your nativity looks gorgeous with all of the snow.  Alabama has been warm this Christmas but today the temperature was 38 degrees.  I hate it LOL.  Even though I have lived in this state for 25 years I still miss the Florida weather.  Let me burn up over freezing to death.  Happy New Year my friend!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Hoovermom, last year our winter was the worst I can remember for ice and snow.  We had a storm every couple of days.  To make matters worse, in April while clearing the ice, I broke my foot.  Fourteen weeks in a boot.  I am not allowed out to clear snow this year😨!!!

I am hoping for a better winter this year.

Happy New Year to you and your family!  LM

Honored Contributor

Such lovely photos! Pretty to look at, but not my fav. Now that Christmas has passed, I'll start looking forward to Spring!

Honored Contributor

image.jpeg

@Lilysmom

I (almost) thought he/she was real.  These pictures are stunning. 

I WANT SNOW!