Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD, I have my snow tires on already as I travel early morning to the pool to swim.  It is near freezing most mornings now.  Can’t wait to put a dent in those leaves!  LM

Esteemed Contributor

Your gardens are still so beautiful.  The leaves on the ground reflect the season, and your garden designs and statuary are standouts year round.  I have a particular fondness for Saint Francis and also have a statue of him in our garden and in our porch.  While we do have leaves on the ground here in CT, there are still more than average on our trees.  And we do have a number of oaks, which are very late to lose their leaves.  

Alrhough we we have our share of wildlife (raccoons, an army of squirrels, an occasional bear in the warmer weather), I have never seen a porcupine.  Folks in our area have experienced coyote problems.  One poor dog a few towns away was attacked by a coyote in his backyard.  They showed him on the news, and the poor thing survived, thanks to a very skillful vet.  Glad our kitty Lily is strictly inside.  

Please keep posting, as I bet your gardens are lovely even in winter.  I love the change of seasons, as each has its beauty.

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT, stay tuned for winter. I am sure we can whip up a nor’easter or two🙂!!!  LM

Honored Contributor

Beautiful pictures.  We are having a sunny day (if cold) here in the PNW.  I just finished raking one section of the yard.  Still have alot to go and I have a very small yard!

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne, we have had a lot of rain.  The leaves (except the oak of course) are all down.  I spent four hours on garden cleanup today and will be at it again tomorrow.  We have a huge storm coming this weekend with a slight possibility of snow.  That is a big push for me to get moving on cleanup before the high winds do their damage.

I do hate cleanup but am always happy come Spring that I have done a good job.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@DiAnne, we have had a lot of rain.  The leaves (except the oak of course) are all down.  I spent four hours on garden cleanup today and will be at it again tomorrow.  We have a huge storm coming this weekend with a slight possibility of snow.  That is a big push for me to get moving on cleanup before the high winds do their damage.

I do hate cleanup but am always happy come Spring that I have done a good job.  LM

That storm is coming to us on Friday night into Saturday with rain & a flood watch.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom, we have had record rain the last two months.  So glad to have a few days to get at the leaves.  It’s hard to do since it has been so wet.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom My ‘Dee-Lish’ grandiflora rose in my front landscape threw out a cane thst is 7’ high! Waiting for a rose to open up & after that will cut to shape at 5’ high.

Leaves are awful when wet. Heavy bags dragged to the curb! 

Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom, we put a real drive on to finish the cleanup.  Here is the before and after... The after shot was taken from my living room window.  LM

8F7DF348-148C-4C30-B70E-F1A6B4E68E73.jpeg

37BAB2B2-795E-407D-B499-CC4AE5116255.jpeg

553F537C-1DA4-46EE-A4D6-BECE3EFD1CA9.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom WOW! You need one of those John Deere type machines that suck up the leaves into a bag so to speak! That was a lot of leaves! Woman Surprised