Esteemed Contributor

I just purchased another Plow and Hearth wind spinner in the leaves pattern. My other spinner is just a solid copper looking color and it still looks new after 2 years. Do the ones with color hold up?

Just wondering if anyone else leaves their spinners out all year.

Respected Contributor

I would definitely spray it with a clear enamel.  That might help keep the color. 

Valued Contributor

the enamel protect the color..

Regular Contributor

I have two and have coated both heavily with enamel.  They are out all year.  One in sun and one in mostly shade.  The one in the sun has lost most of it's color despite heavy coats of clear spray.

Super Contributor

My plow and hearth wind spinner, "fffireworks", I think.  Did not keep its color, at all.  Faded away in the sun, in one year.  I still like it.  

Honored Contributor

I have the bronze win spinner and the first one I got took 4 years before the metal turned black, but still looks good. I got another one in bronze and I'm storing it in the shed this winter. Like others have said I guess you should treat the spinners if you are going to leave them out in the weather year round.

Trusted Contributor

I have had my dual colored solar wind spinner now for two winters.  I live in Western NY and the wind really blows where I live.  My husband reinforced the pole with a heavier duty one, but the spinner has withstood all our weather and is still working.  I will say that the blades have faded quite alot from sun exposure.  I love it though !!!!