Frequent Contributor

I noticed he hadnt been on so far this year. Too bad. I will be watching less (and saving more!) He was fun.

New Contributor

I hope he will be returning. I watched longer when he was on.

Occasional Contributor
yes..Philip
Trusted Contributor

I believe he announced at the end of last year's garden season that he was retiring.  You're right, though, Cottage Farms presentations seem boring without him.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Where is Philip Watson?

[ Edited ]

@Sammijo10 wrote:

I believe he announced at the end of last year's garden season that he was retiring.  You're right, though, Cottage Farms presentations seem boring without him.

Philip Watson is  gone, and no matter what you long for, he is not coming back to QVC.  And I wish him well.

Why continue to grieve and hold on to the past?

Don’t you think it is time to move on?

IMO,  both Cottage Farms and Roberta’s plants seem overpriced.  Better to support your local gardeners, garden stores and centers.

Respected Contributor

Im boycotting Cottage Farms and I know others are also because Phillip made the shows what they were.  And the Robertas people bore me to tears. BBP !! (Bring back Phillip!) Pay the man what he deserves, even $30 an hour.

Esteemed Contributor

Gone, but I like the new gal.  Phillip & CF couldn’t reach an agrreement.  Also read he had heart trouble.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Where is Philip Watson?

[ Edited ]
 @Reever wrote:

Im boycotting Cottage Farms and I know others are also because Phillip made the shows what they were.  And the Robertas people bore me to tears. BBP !! (Bring back Phillip!) Pay the man what he deserves, even $30 an hour.

@Reever 

Boycott Cottage Farms and Roberta’s all you want.  Philip Watson is not returning to QVC as a presenter for Cottage Farms.   No way.  No how.

Time to move on.  Philip has.  And I wish him well in his current pursuits.

It’s odd how people can not let go, want to hold on to the past, and to be fixated on hosts and presenter personalities rather than evaluating the product being presented.

Agree with your decision to stop watching Cottage Farms, and Roberta’s.  

It is better to support your local garden shops and nurseries anyway.

Respected Contributor
Philip Watson is a very kind and humble man. I don't think he wanted more money I think QVC pushed him aside due to his age. Philip is now in his 60s and QVc seems to be pushing people aside once they reach a certain age. Ive always maintained there is more to this story than we are being told.
Frequent Contributor

I miss him!