Honored Contributor

I have only seen a few, 2 yrs .ago i had so many,all types,sizes, last year not nearly as many ,this year very few.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where are the butterflies?

[ Edited ]

I'm in NJ

Actually I thought it  is a little early for them.I have seen one or 2 of those little white ones but no actual butterflies.

Sadly my Butterfly bush died over the winter, so I need to plant new ones

I can tell you the BIRDS  are doing well.......lol

I have more birds and many  newer species than ever before

Super Contributor

I'm in Maryland, as the bushes that they like get fuller, the # of butterflies seem to be increasing.  I planted milkweed last year and got Monarchs for the first time.  Still waiting to see them this year.

Honored Contributor

I have wild butterfly weed, and did plant some more seeds in spring .

Respected Contributor

Started in my area about 5 years ago...last year saw a few swallowtails, painted ladies & only 2 monarchs. Really miss the monarchs, I live in a rural area so there's lots of milkweed around but little eggs-larve-pupa...this year I've only seen 1.

Honored Contributor

I have quite a few flowers,zinnias, bee balm, conflowers, daisys, and more ,  seems odd.

Respected Contributor

I’m wondering the same about bees. Last year I had lots, this year nearly none ! 😳

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest  et al, we have had a horrible spring.  Wet and cold.  For us here in Nova Scotia, the bees and butterflies are just starting to put on a performance.  The lilac bushes usually bring the butterflies.  LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@goldensrbest  et al, we have had a horrible spring.  Wet and cold.  For us here in Nova Scotia, the bees and butterflies are just starting to put on a performance.  The lilac bushes usually bring the butterflies.  LM

I have 4 butterffly bushes and they are just starting to make fonds for blooms. I live on the border of WV and Ohio, and it's just too early here. My bushes are all together, and i get a beautiful display, when the bushes bloom. Found out this Spring that we had a fungus on our Blue Spruce trees, needles fell and killed the grass. It's always something, but I hope we don't have something going on with the butterflies. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My lilacs were done blooming weeks ago.