Trusted Contributor

Where are all the garden/outdoor shows?

This week is first day of spring, and I'm wondering where all the garden/outdoor living shows are.  I always enjoyed the regular Tuesday 9 AM Garden Party with Carolyn shows, but they seem to have disappeared this year except for one now and then at odd times.  I've seen Robertas and Cottage Farms, but where are all the fountains, chairs, umbrellas, rugs etc.?  Have I just not been paying close attention?  Checked the program guide for next 4 days, and there seems to be a plethora of beauty products.  Why is that even necessary when Q has a beauty channel devoted to that stuff?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where are all the garden/outdoor shows?

Wake up - it's spring tomorrow.  I always check the garden stuff and fountains have been on - hummbird feeders - those loud chimes (ugh) - outdoor/indoor rugs and good old what's her name hose sprayer.  Oh yes, even hoses.  Main QVC channel - I don't get or don't bother with channel 2 3 or 4 (however many there are).

Trusted Contributor

Well then, my bad! I will start paying closer attention.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got my Cottage Farms daylilies today, the ones I bought 5 years ago are still going strong. Yesterday I ordered the Martha Stewart Stainless Steel gardening knife that got rave reviews. So now the work on my vegetable garden begins.

Esteemed Contributor

I've seen nothing new from last year.......or the year before.  So RELAX....plenty of time.  Have a good day!

Esteemed Contributor

@chessylady   I just received my knife - it's neat.  Now I have 4 of MS's tools and used the pruners today to cut back half of one spirareaha (spelling).  Last year it was totally out of control.  Hands got cold to do the whole thing; but I couldn't wait to get out and start 'something'.  Bush will come back better than ever - has never been reduced in size since new  (14 years.  Love Martha's garden tools - pressure washer was a problem.

Trusted Contributor

There have been many gardening shows on QVC 2.

Valued Contributor

I enjoy the garden shows too. I've already ordered plants.

Patiently waiting to see if Cottage Farms will bring in the ink Lightning Sunpatiens this year.  They've always done well for me.

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Respected Contributor

@Lyttlewyng wrote:

Patiently waiting to see if Cottage Farms will bring in the ink Lightning Sunpatiens this year.  They've always done well for me.

@Lyttlewyng I was able to order the pink lightning sunpatients in mid January.  They weren't presented, I went looking.  I had them last year and they did so well.  Of course they were an advance order.  Being they aren't available on line now, I am almost thinking that Q & Cottage Farms listed them early not knowing for sure whether they would be available.  I am expecting when it comes time to ship out I will get a notice they can't fulfill the order.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Allegheny wrote:

@Lyttlewyng wrote:

@Lyttlewyng I was able to order the pink lightning sunpatients in mid January.  They weren't presented, I went looking.  I had them last year and they did so well.  Of course they were an advance order.  Being they aren't available on line now, I am almost thinking that Q & Cottage Farms listed them early not knowing for sure whether they would be available.  I am expecting when it comes time to ship out I will get a notice they can't fulfill the order.

@Allegheny   Thanks for the update.  I never even saw the Pink Lightning Sunpatiens online.  I saw them on Cottage Farms Direct but QVC offers a better price in quantity. 

I checked my order from last year and saw that they weren't presented until sometime in April, 2018.  They just might be the last collection offered before the end of plant shipping season.  Will keep watching for them!  I hope we both can enjoy them in our gardens this summer.

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~