Respected Contributor

Re: When Can I plant my Tomatoes?

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

Mine would never get planted if I used your standards. Get those puppies in the ground! What do you do with so many tomatoes?

Maybe she donates them to food banks--or neighbors who will be running low on food.

There's nothing as heanvenly a a freshly picked, home-grown tomatoes; it's like a little bite of heaven. Commercially produced tomatoes are ok but home grown are much sweeter, more...tomato-ey (if that's a word) and less acid that commercially produced one.

Enjoy!

What do I do with the tomatoes?  Eat them!  We love tomatoes, as you can see.  I use them every day in sandwiches, I roast them in the oven with a little olive oil and garlic add some basil and use it on my pasta.  I also freeze the sauce and use it all through the summer and fall.  

Honored Contributor

Re: When Can I plant my Tomatoes?

[ Edited ]

I doubt it was a virus. Usually viruses are passed because of insects that pierce the stems or leaves & insert the virus from a sick plant they were on. . It was the cold that caused the plants' cells to freeze & burst. 

Generally tomatoes should be planted after all frost is passed. There are specific after frost dates to everyone's area. Most nurseries know these dates.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼