Honored Contributor

Re: What's going on with my cukes?!

Look up cukes in the urban dictionary - can't post here what it is.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

It could indeed be chipmunks, as well as crows and other birds who love tender green sprouts from germinated seeds.   A groundhog would also eat the sprouts if there is any way for them to get thru, or under the fence.   

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Look up cukes in the urban dictionary - can't post here what it is.

just looked it up--been using that abbreviation since i was a kid!  i'm so old-but glad i am!  SMH....

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@nana59  You better watch yourself.  I had a post zapped because I referred to a cucumber as a cuke.  They said that was "unkind".  Apparently they got complaints from the cucumber community. 

Maybe I'll get arrested by the Cucumber Police.....

Honored Contributor

Here's what it said:

ucumber?

Eating leaves is just one way by which cucumber beetles damage or destroy plants.

Spring is the time to plant vegetable gardens, and once the danger of frost passes, it is safe to plant plants and/or seeds in the vegetable garden. Whether you start cucumber seeds indoors or sow them directly into the soil, there is one thing that about which all cucumber growers should be concerned, and that is the damage that cucumber beetles cause. Although these pesky insects eat the leaves, roots and stems of cucumber plants, the diseases they spread are even more devastating and impacts multiple cucumber plants and spreads to other plants susceptible to the diseases.

Frequent Contributor

Oh my! I am so out of it.  I cannot believe that innocent word means that! I say it all the time. I eat a lot of salad 🥗  

Reggie

Esteemed Contributor

@ReggieRagu wrote:

Oh my! I am so out of it.  I cannot believe that innocent word means that! I say it all the time. I eat a lot of salad 🥗  

Reggie

they will always be CUKES to me........a member of the produce family!!!!

Honored Contributor

I refuse to look it up.  I don't want to know some dirty meaning for a perfectly innocent word. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I refuse to look it up.  I don't want to know some dirty meaning for a perfectly innocent word. 

I'll give you a hint--they're sold in adult entertainment stores.....geez....wonder what the definition for lettuce and tomatoes is in that ridiculous dictionary......i'll never look at a salad quite the same again....