Super Contributor

Re: What kinds of gardening gloves do you use?

I always wear leather gloves. Deerskin are nice, too.

The roses usually grab my arms, though. I'd need a leather space suit. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

The only thing I worry about is dirt under my fingernails, so I just wear the thin one use medical gloves. I'm a complete wuss.

Esteemed Contributor

Check out Mud Gloves. They have a variety of styles and will have just what you need for not being pricked by bushes and shrubs when pruning. As a gardener I have several gloves I use for different tasks, and they are all Mud Gloves.

Occasional Contributor

WALMART has some great gloves. They are latex coated and protect your hands from thorny barberry bushes. The ones I purchased last year were manufactured by MIDWEST and are identified as GRIPPING.

They are very inexpensive and I found them hidden way back in the gardening center with the fertilizer and plants, not with the expensive ones out front.

Occasional Contributor

Honored Contributor

On 2/17/2014 Trix said:

Check out Mud Gloves. They have a variety of styles and will have just what you need for not being pricked by bushes and shrubs when pruning. As a gardener I have several gloves I use for different tasks, and they are all Mud Gloves.

I use Mud gloves for planting annuals when I have those 4 or 6 pack seedlings. They are great because they are close to your hands or fingers to push the seedlings into the soil (not oversized at all).

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

<h1 id="title" class="a-size-large a-spacing-none" style="box-sizing: border-box; padding: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-size: 21px; line-height: 1.3; font-weight: normal; color: #333333; margin-bottom: 0px !important;"> West County 054RM Gauntlet Rose Glove when working with roses; Simply Mud Gloves for working with dirt, potting, planting, etc.</h1> <h1 class="a-size-large a-spacing-none" style="box-sizing: border-box; padding: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-size: 21px; line-height: 1.3; font-weight: normal; color: #333333; margin-bottom: 0px !important;">
</h1> <h1 class="a-size-large a-spacing-none" style="box-sizing: border-box; padding: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-size: 21px; line-height: 1.3; font-weight: normal; color: #333333; margin-bottom: 0px !important;">
</h1>
Honored Contributor

The link is not showing anything, Name.

But I did copy and paste this from what you posted:

West County 054RM Gauntlet Rose Glove when working with roses; Simply Mud Gloves for working with dirt, potting, planting, etc.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Thank you all for the great suggestions. I finally decided to go with Mud Gloves from Amazon, because I read a review in which the person used them to trim barberry bushes and that is exactly how I will use them.