Esteemed Contributor

What gardening gifts have you received this year?

My well-loved and much used pruners needed replacing and I had listed them on my "Wish List."

Happy to report, my niece gave me Felco pruners Heart  for Christmas. Favorite gift this year! How to  survive the winter months? IDK . . . I was already itching to get outside and play in the yard!

Sounds like we'll be in for rain today and snow tomorrow. Living in a four-season state is sometimes not conducive to my favorite things. Guess my family decided to vacation in FL during a great time, again! Happy for them, too  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Re: What gardening gifts have you received this year?

I can empathize. One reason I enjoy living in SW FL is to tend my gardens all year. Winters in CNY were not so gardener friendly. 

Esteemed Contributor

@StylishLady  My sister moved to Tampa in the early 1970 and never left. When mom wintered in FL (to visit my sister, BIL and grandchildren), my family would fly down after Christmas and stay in a hotel through New Year's. When mom sold her condo, I stopped going to Tampa.

Perhaps when my grandson is older and I'm ready to winter away, I'll end up in Austin during the cold months. It is a beautiful City - and warm! Right now, I want to use my gift!!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady.  Austin has snow and ice; don't count on winter gardening there.  It's elevated freeways become ice rinks on occasion.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady  You can come work on my yard!  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Congrats on the Felco pruners. I was outside during a 40 ish day and cut back some daylily leaves and my ITOH peony.

I have a Felco 2 & a 4.

Last winter I got them cleaned & sharpened professionally from an authorized dealer in upstate NY. Amberg’s did a fantastic job.  

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Ummmm....well, I got a GIANT wine glass🍷...soooo, I thought, hey...I could surely use this out in the garden 😆....cheers my friends 🥂🍷🍷
Respected Contributor

I've been wishing for a chipper threader for so long I have aged out.  I don't think I am ever going to get it.  Bah Humbug.....

Santa usually gets me a sizable gift certificate to a favorite nursery but that didn't happen this year.  Santa, I didn't think I was that bad this year. Geez not even a pair of gardening gloves or the usual amaryllis bulb. 

But I did get a small drone that has a camera.  Now instead of trying to fly my kite, I can fly my drone and bug the heck out of my brother who is my neighbor.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady, I didn’t get any but that’s ok.  The only thing I want is a backhoe, not a little one, a big one that we could store somewhere else in winter.  I had to settle for an adjustable bed instead.

If I knew I had 25 good years left, I would be shopping lol.  LM