Trusted Contributor

What Happened to Roberta's and Phillip Watson Designs??

Hi Everyone -

I usually do a daily check of plants from Cottage Farms, Roberta's, and Phillip Watson Designs to see what they have available and to read the reviews.  I have made a bunch of plant purchases this year from two out of the three companies and I'm still waiting for my Hanging Wired Basket order from Roberta's. 

When I type in Roberta's and Phillip Watson, they are no longer showing any inventory at all, which makes no sense.  It's like they have vanished.

Does anyone know?  I will have to call QVC to at least inquire about Roberta's since my order was placed almost a month ago anyway.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: What Happened to Roberta's and Phillip Watson Designs??

The planting season is winding down? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 

I thought the same thing, but Roberta's does carry items (like those baskets) that aren't live plants.  They also carry their fertilizer year-round, from what I recall.

I just thought it was weird.  They just started shipping to my zone, so I can't imagine that everything literally disappeared in a day.  Maybe it's a glitch, but who knows?  Life will go on.  lol

Honored Contributor

@Grade1Teach   I have seen this before, always at this time of year, it just means plant purchasing is over due to the heat which is about to descend, already has in California.

Super Contributor

I'm still waiting for my Roberta's order; it currently says it should arrive April 17. I did get an email from QVC saying that they are "working on the shipping issues".  Who knows?!

Valued Contributor

I find this odd.  I have received the tomato and basil plants but now the roses are not shipping until the end of May!  I have requested cancellation for several days and never get an answer.  I would like to just go to a local nursery at this point because I have to wonder if I will receive the roses from Robertas.  To have nothing on the QVC website when Cottage Farms and others remain is peculiar.

Trusted Contributor

@tl98466 

I'm having the same issue with something I ordered as well.  I placed two orders for Roberta's Hanging Wire Baskets on April 16th.  It never stated that these were advanced orders.  After I placed both orders, it said that they would be here May 5th.  I didn't give it too much thought because I figured I would get them in plenty of time for planting my Bounce Impatiens in them. I ordered a TON of annuals from my girls' school plant sale and had planned out everything perfectly.

Well, today is May 5th, I have the Bounce Impatiens and NO baskets from Roberta's.  I called CS yesterday and the guy claimed they would be here by TODAY.  I literally laughed because I knew that would never happen since they were still "in process."  These things haven't budged and I'm annoyed.  Yes, I can go to Home Depot and buy 4 hanging baskets at this point, but I'm upset because I didn't want to have to do that.  I can't cancel my orders because they are "in process."  Why waste money on extra planters I don't need??

Something strange is going on here and of course, there is no explanation.

Trusted Contributor

@Gabidog 

Yes, it's very odd.  I know there comes a point when live plants are no longer available for shipment, but this time of year is not typically the cutoff.  I have ordered flowers in June.  They usually have a sprinkling of things available through the end of June/early July.  When I last checked Roberta's stock a few days ago, they had over 100 plants left.  To have them literally disappear overnight is strange to me, especially when Cottage Farms and Barbara King still have PLENTY of stock.

My only thought is that they are having shipping/quality issues and decided to pull inventory for now.  That still doesn't explain why non-plant items have disappeared, but I guess shipping issues overall could be the reason.

Since Phillip Watson uses Roberta's for shipping his items, that is probably why his items are gone too.

At this point I just want the hanging baskets I ordered mid-April.  I have a feeling I won't be getting them at all though.

Valued Contributor

So I sent a cancellation request to social since I was not getting a response to my days of cancellation requests and all I was told was the system would not allow cancellation at this time.  Very abrupt and rude in my opinion.  This is kind of counter customer relations which I really do not understand since that has been a big deal in the past with QVC.  My online order page has a cancel option shown for this order but it does not seem to function since I have not received a reply in a week.  Oh well, hope the plants survive if they ever ship.  But rest assured I will never order another plant from QVC.  Somehow I think they don't care.

Trusted Contributor

@Gabidog 

I called CS a little while ago because needless to say, my planters did not arrive today.  The rep assured me that she cancelled BOTH of my orders, but I told her that I didn't think it was possible because they are "in process."  She told me that the system allowed her to do it and all was taken care of.  Sure it was.

Not even five minutes after hanging up, I get two emails saying that my request for a cancellation was put into Roberta's, but that it could be too far along in the shipping process to do so.  Just as I thought.

I checked my status a few minutes later and they have now changed my ship date from May 5th to May 20th.  Really?!?

I don't understand how something could take over a month to ship.  I honestly don't even think I'm going to get them by the 20th.  They are just stringing me along at this point...

I have never had this experience with QVC before and I'm actually really bothered by it.  I would be more understanding if there was an explanation for it, but no one knows anything.  I am just left to assume that the vendor is having either shipping or quality issues and orders can't be received at this time.  The fact that they have disappeared from QVC makes it even more strange.