Respected Contributor

What Do You Look Forward To Planting (or seeing come up in your garden) & Why?

Sitting by my favorite "daydreaming" window, that looks out over my small condo deck where I plant window boxes and pots and thinking what annuals I'll plant this year...so here's what I always look forward to and why.. *****Namisha...little white annuals I usually put in my window box for their fragrance. Yes these little, delicate white flowers are pretty too, but the sweet fragrance is always my first breath of SPRINNNNG in my deck/garden...makes me happy. *******Petunias...I love the old-fashioned feel of these flowers and their femininity. Also love their fragrance. *******Morning Glories!!..."Heavenly Blues" of course! Nothing is as pretty as that color blue with the touch of bright yellow at the center...looks like the sun in the sky on a perfect summer day. This year I think I will plant some near this favorite window, so I can let them trail up and around it, decorating both inside and outside views. Also put them in the usual pot at the other, more sunny end of the deck...one on each end. My bf and I usually have a competition, actually counting how many morning glories each of us gets each day...LOL. Dopey, but true. ********I don't have room or land for Irises, so I planted them down at my mom's... love the old-fashioned nature of these. But mostly because they are THE flower that takes me back to being 7 y.o. and smelling them all alongside my grandmother's house. I loved the smell then and I love it still. And there are so many beautiful colored varieties. ******Also, to reflect the shoreline area I live in, (and my deck overlooks our marsh pond and river behind our condo)...I love some soft coastal grasses in between the flowers. I could go on, but before this post is way too long...those are some of my favorites...how about you? What are you looking forward to planting, seeing again in your garden and why?