Esteemed Contributor

Re: We’re in a humid heat wave in the garden. Pics July 24/18

@PINKdogWOOD, yes, the Lab is Lily🙂.  

I know you ahead of me in the garden.  Tall phlox and black eyed Susan’s are not open yet.  We had a very cool June with a killing frost as late as June 10th.  Many people had to replant their veggie gardens.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624, on the stump, I have learned to work around what’s there because sometimes it’s the easiest way😀.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@OKPrincess, we have been here just over 12 years.  Now we don’t plant things, we just move them around.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady, we are fortunate to have a lot of talented local artists.  I love the peacock too.  The man that did that piece has since passed on at a young age.  I have several of his pieces.  He did the iron work and his wife did the glass.  These items look nice in summer and winter.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom  Gee for me it's hard to imagine a killing frost in June. Hopefully you and others will have enough time in your growing season to get those veggies going with a harvest still to come.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom .. just lovely!  What are the pink flowers in the fifth photo?  TIA

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom, I always enjoy looking at your lovely garden.  Thank you for posting.  Love the lake, love the dog.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

Satomi Dogwood @Boehm Collector.  There is a tree like this called Kousa Dogwood which I just planted.  Both lovely ornamental trees.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD, September here used to be like June but is now more like August with the climate change stuff going on so the gardens produce longer.  That is good and bad as we are now getting pests like ticks that used to die in our winters.  LM

Honored Contributor

I know what you're talking about. We had a lot of rain through the entire month of June & July and now we're seeing lots of powdery mildew here, we have jap beetles here and there, various bugs eating our goods. None of this is good. Veggies are going great guns but not so much if we have insects & diseases @Lilysmom.