Respected Contributor

@jlkz  That must be amazing to see.  I love when municipalities do good things like this. I do a lot of volunteer work and it is very gratifying to see pride of place in a city.  We have many sites of natural beauty in our seaport city and these additions enhance that beauty.  LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom1  I didn't realize you live in Halifax. Now I'm thinking about the oatcakes. I used to buy them from a nonprofit organization in either Truro or Antigonish that sold them as a fundraiser. They would ship to the US. I can't remember the name and can't find them online. 

Any chance you've heard of that nonprofit? What's the current best oatcake bakery?

Respected Contributor

Re: Waterfront tour

[ Edited ]

@PickyPicky3 I am not much of a sweet lover or a bread lover.  I notice that there are several places you can buy oatcakes.  Mrs. P's was one.  One other popular item is the Beavertails which Is described as follows:

BeaverTails is a Canadian restaurant chain, specializing in pastries known as BeaverTails, that is operated by BeaverTails Canada Inc. Its namesake products are fried dough pastries, individually hand stretched to resemble beaver's tails, topped with either sweet or savoury ingredients.

We we're on the waterfront before noon.  Only a few of the food kiosks were open.  I suspect that will change on July 1st, Canada Day.  LM