Trusted Contributor

I don't know where it came from, as we did not plant any.  One day I noticed a single vinca flower growing under an elevated pot.  It is now a nice size plant.  I guess the shade being provided by the pot, plus the drip from water draining off the pot, is the perfect symbiotic relationship!

I planted Portulaca, and I am wondering if that vinca hitched a ride ? 

20116638-1A04-4378-A9CD-AF1CB7CD7184.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@Pezzie The vinca must have been a bonus.  I love the spanish moss but even more, hummingbirds do too.  Enjoy the labors of your love, pretty post.. 

Esteemed Contributor

That is so pretty beneath the pot.  

There was a lot of it all over when I was a kid and lived somewhere hotter.  I never have seen any up here.

Honored Contributor

You ought to see the collection of several kinds of catcus I have from tiny pieces that have blown in.  I need to get them dug up as they're difficult to get rid of once established.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Pezzie wrote:

I don't know where it came from, as we did not plant any.  One day I noticed a single vinca flower growing under an elevated pot.  It is now a nice size plant.  I guess the shade being provided by the pot, plus the drip from water draining off the pot, is the perfect symbiotic relationship!

I planted Portulaca, and I am wondering if that vinca hitched a ride ? 

20116638-1A04-4378-A9CD-AF1CB7CD7184.jpeg

Years ago I planted 2 little Vinca Minors on my bank, which is quite a large size, it has completely covered and did it's job.  I also had a beautiful plant come up this year, bloming, I don't know what it is, but I have squirrels ,birds and chipmuncks. They are planting corn around in my flower beds all the time.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

You ought to see the collection of several kinds of catcus I have from tiny pieces that have blown in.  I need to get them dug up as they're difficult to get rid of once established.

@Kachina624     I sorta let one grow until it was almost too late......that thing was as heavy as lead.    Had to chop it in pieces so I could hoist it in the trash.    

Monsoon "still trying" here.   At least summer is half over(!!)   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi   It has rained all over the state but not at my house.  It's cooled off (87°), we have thunder, wind and all the trimmings but no water falls.  Every day we hope.....

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi   It has rained all over the state but not at my house.  It's cooled off (87°), we have thunder, wind and all the trimmings but no water falls.  Every day we hope.....

@Kachina624    107° today......Still 94° at 10pm.    The weatherman has been saying 30% chance of rain ALL WEEK.    It just hasn't happened.   Well, "maybe tomorrow".    Fire danger still "extreme".

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I love Vinca.  I planted one in a large pot with an impatien, and the Vinca is doing so much better,  I'm just going to stick with Vinca.  Continual flowering and holds up to the heat great.

Valued Contributor

Might have been placed there by a critter. At my house I lived in before where I am now, I had a small garden between my house and driveway. Birds would sit on my gutters and I had columbines, cosmos and a couple of other flowers I didn't put there cuz they pooped the seeds there. I need all the help I can get with gardening. Can't beat free flowers! LOL

cookin