Respected Contributor

VERY, VERY ANNOYED! Last type of purchase from QVC.

I bought a set of DURACELL path lights from QVC on line. No where in the description did it say 'assembly required." But that's a minor annoyance...I had the man who does my yard assemble them. Into the ground they went. Only a teeny tiny light that night. I thought, oh they need sun! Well it's 2 weeks later- no pretty light patterns Just a teeny tiny light. I figuerd they need batteries. I looked everywhere on line for this particular solar battery, it's nowhere. I have called DURACELL customer service. "Sorry, we can't help you, you have to speak to our SOLAR department." I explained, I have called 3 times...you can't reach anyone, you are told to leave a message and no one calls back. "Sorry, I can't help you, you have to speak to the SOLAR department." Super annoyed! Of course QVC said send them back, we will refund you....I don;t have the box and don;t want to hassle w/ finding a box, etc. etc.

The set of SOLAR lights I bought at Lowe's 5 years ago are burning bright, and they required almost no assembly.

This is the last time I buy anything mechanical from QVC. My Bernini fountain I bought 2 yrs ago barely worked and I had to hassle w that return.

Absolutely terrible!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: VERY, VERY ANNOYED! Last type of purchase from QVC.

It’s really no trouble to “find a box”. Go to Target, Walmart, the post office or the ups store.  A refund is worth a little trouble. 

Esteemed Contributor

I always buy my solar lighting from Big Lots or Walmart.  If they don't work, they are easy to return and get a refund.  But they always work, and work brightly for years.  When they finallty quit, it's cheap to replace them.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I have two sets of Duracell path lights.  They're around two years old, and I never had a problem with them.

The assembly consisted of putting the stake onto the head of the light...pretty easy.  Also, you need to remove the plastic film from the top of he solar panel and pull the paper tab on the underside of the light head so the solar energy can juice up the battery.

Maybe the man who assembled them did not remove the film or pull the paper tab for the battery.  

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I have two sets of Duracell path lights.  They're around two years old, and I never had a problem with them.

The assembly consisted of putting the stake onto the head of the light...pretty easy.  Also, you need to remove the plastic film from the top of he solar panel and pull the paper tab on the underside of the light head so the solar energy can juice up the battery.

Maybe the man who assembled them did not remove the film or pull the paper tab for the battery.  

Tab was removed,,,,there is no plastic covering, just a plastic cover w lines on it fully attached. What a waste,

Honored Contributor

Find a box and return them. My solar lights from QVC have been working fine for two years.