Honored Contributor

Unusually warm and dry in the PNW

[ Edited ]

Seattle WA. Area.....We normally have rain in October....but today will be close to 80 degrees and it has not rained since June...I am having to water my yard  today!   I Never seen such temps and dry conditions  in mid October.

They predict dry warm weather at least another 10 days. Then they see a wetter pattern starting towards the end of the month.....

How is your weather where you live? Anything unusual?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Unusually warm and dry in the PNW

@SeaMaiden  We live here, too, and are still watering. I don't like it. LOL I was looking forward to a cool, wet Fall. 

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

NYC has been mild and humid the past two days, with rain expected later.  BUT we had spectacular October weather before Wednesday and it is supposed to be seasonal again this weekend. This has been one of the nicest Octobers, weather-wise, in recent years.

Honored Contributor

The weather everywhere around the world has been erratic and more violent than normal due to global warming and will continue to be so.   This is the new normal.

Here in the desert in Albuquerque just had nine days of continuous rain and low clouds during the balloon fiesta.  This is unheard of in our climate.  As soon as all the visitors packed up and left town, the blue skies returned and it has been beautiful, picture perfect.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

@SeaMaiden  We live here, too, and are still watering. I don't like it. LOL I was looking forward to a cool, wet Fall. 

@pattypeep   @SeaMaiden    If I lived in the PNW and didn't have AC, I'd be out shopping for it before next summer.  We, in the desert, have had your cool, wet, fall.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden Yep up here in Bellingham same way, having to water the yard/plants.  Yesterday was one of the first days for me in awhile that my sinuses weren't so dried out from the air quality but today I'm tasting/breathing smoky air again.  

& like you I was born/raised here 70 years ago & don't remember anything like this in October. But I guess we're blessed that we don't have hurricanes like Florida.

Esteemed Contributor

Spoke to DD who lives in Seattle today and she isn't happy either with the weather.  Not a hot weather person at all. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@pattypeep wrote:

@pattypeep   @SeaMaiden    If I lived in the PNW and didn't have AC, I'd be out shopping for it before next summer.  We, in the desert, have had your cool, wet, fall.

@Kachina624  We put in a heat pump two years ago...best investment we ever made! Why did I wait so long🤨

Esteemed Contributor

The weather is great for my morning runs and a lot of my annuals are magnificent. Problem I have is the lower sun means less actual light for plants....so I have pulled many flowers. I also got tired of watering, but we did turn on sprinkler system again because of how dry it has been.

Just very weird. Guess it makes up for the cruddy weather we had in Sesttle this last May and June.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden --OMG--hasn't it been terrible lately!! /the smoke is so thick you can cut it with a knife--I am in Woodinville--was in the hazardous level for air quality yesterday and the same for today--NEED rain desperately!!! Hear the end of this week should bring rain---finally!!!  Woman Frustrated