Trusted Contributor

Re: Uh oh...I think I made a mistake

It's a vigorous grower, for sure, but the stems are thin and it's easy to keep pruned back. And so pretty! Mine's been growing for about 3 years now.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I went ahead and planted it IN ITS POT and it's  good thing I did because it's grown several inches in every direction and is trying to climb up and tunnel under my fence. WOW! you ladies are right about it being invasive.

Even though confined to a pot I think it's going to try to make its way to my neighbors' yard. Maybe they won't mind because it's SO gorgeous.

Anyway, thanks for the good advice.

Respected Contributor

I love  Black-eyed Susans.  I do not think I've ever seen this invasive vine.  Our invasive vine is Morning Glories.

Respected Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

Our invasive vine is Morning Glories.

There are 2 kinds of morning glories: the wild kind and the "domesticated" ones. Sounds like you have the wild, invasive kind.

I've always wanted to plant wild morning glories on one side of a vacant lot, and blackberies on the other side, and let them fight it out over who takes it over. I think the morning glories would win.

Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

Our invasive vine is Morning Glories.

There are 2 kinds of morning glories: the wild kind and the "domesticated" ones. Sounds like you have the wild, invasive kind.

I've always wanted to plant wild morning glories on one side of a vacant lot, and blackberies on the other side, and let them fight it out over who takes it over. I think the morning glories would win.

ETA: 6-13-2021  WOW are you ladies right! that vine is almost exploding out of the pot (and, boy, am I glad I left it in there). I really enjoy vigorous, energetic plants so I've even given it fertilizer.