Respected Contributor
How are your tomatoes doing? With our extremely wet weather going into heat a fungas is starting to spread. Decided to use a copper spray so I could get something from my efforts.
Super Contributor

We had a very wet spring in St. Louis and now are experiencing really hot and humid weather.

Fingers crossed, so far my tomatoes are looking good!

Respected Contributor

So far so good.  I grew "currant" Tomatoes last year. Tiny little things with a pop of tomatoey goodness.  This year is Celebrity.  Not a large tomato but comapired to last year they're big.  No troubles yet from the rain... or the hail...or the humidity.  My
Bee Balm plant is Lovng this year!  Should put on a good showing. 

Esteemed Contributor

Well my neighbor decided to spray weed killer in his yard and it drifted over to my garden and killed two of my tomato plants. I had tomatoes!  I don’t even want to eat the other ones that are still growing because what’s in the soil now! Geez, I could 😱! 

Respected Contributor

in my area, the weather is so weird lately.  hot and overcast. tomatoes are having a hard time ripening without actual sunshine.  sheesh. 

Honored Contributor

Just 2 tomato plants this year — a cherry called ‘Chocolate Sprinkles’ & a beefsteak ‘Better Boy’. They are now starting to take off now & both have tomatoes on them, I bought them back in May. 

My 3 pepper plants I wish would take off. We need the heat. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@Twins Mom  I've got leaf spot on one, but I think I can just take off the leaves. I'm not going to spray. Other than them being a little late developing due to not getting them planted earlier, everything looks good.

Super Contributor

Here in Washington State, summer has started a bit cooler and gloomier than usual; fingers are crossed for a warm-up! I've got a few tomatoes coming along, but not near as many as in previous years!

Honored Contributor

Re: Tomatoes this Year

[ Edited ]

@Twins Mom    Green, some cherry are turning yellow so hopefully soon.  There was one red medium tomato and something got it, don't know how because I have this, so recently put more earth stakes at the bottom if there was even a teeny gap.

DSCF7496.JPG

Honored Contributor

Our tomatoes are doing pretty well this year. DH harvested a few from the small ones - a black little (cherry) tomato plant on another little bigger plant.

This morning I harvested a San Marzano and one nice Mortgage Lifter.

Gotta get to them before the darn squirrels do!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They love them as much as we do!