Evergreen hill

IMG_2221.JPG

Purple Le is sea holly, red is Japanese Knotweed

IMG_2222.JPG

Top blooms on strawberry vanilla ... bigger than my head

IMG_2196.JPG

Japanese Bloodgood, astilbe, hosta

IMG_2213.JPG

Another look at vanilla strawberry.  Venusnis 4' tall.

IMG_2195.JPG

Yellow is ligularia

IMG_2206.JPG

Quick fire hydrangea.

IMG_2181.JPG

Sunflowers

IMG_2149.JPG

Endless summer hydrangea

IMG_2143.JPG

Daisies

IMG_2161.JPG

Quickfire

IMG_2175.JPG

Daylilies

IMG_2194.JPG

Patio overlooking the lake

IMG_2207.JPG

After the rain

IMG_2087.JPG

IMG_1155.JPG

Butterfly in coneflowers

IMG_2105.JPG

Super Contributor

Re: The hydrangeas are blooming🤗

Beautiful. Thank you. 

Respected Contributor

Just gorgeous!   Don't you get deer eating plants? Send the rain my way here in Indiana - we are 86 degrees and need rain - my grass edges are turning brown.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom  The garden is just breathtaking.  Would you say it's at its peak now? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Just gorgeous!   Don't you get deer eating plants? Send the rain my way here in Indiana - we are 86 degrees and need rain - my grass edges are turning brown.

@hoosieroriginal, my Labrador Retriever keeps the deer away.  

We have brown spots in our lawn as well.  July was awfully dry.  We just had a couple of rains that are every gardener's dream.  Moderate, steady soft rain that soaks in.  No runoff.  Hoping you get some too!  LM

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624, yes the month of August is the peak.  September is pretty good as well.  Everything is in bloom, everything is full so weeding is less of a job.  We have Hurricane Gert going past us well offshore but I can feel the humidity rising.  LM

PS, the garden is full of butterflies and bees.  There are as many as 8-10 in a stand of coneflowers.  They just love them.  So nice to see.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom,  Your hydrangeas are beautiful.  I never knew they bloomed this late.  I always think of them as a spring flower.  Your whole garden is lovely.  And, those honeycrisp apples are the icing on the cake!  Thanks for sharing.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Contributor

Your garden is beautiful!  My favorite are my hydrangeas.  I always have problems..sometimes they have no flowers for the whole summer.  I have one that is so big right now and it has blooms.  Any advice on trimming it this month.  I think it's one of those forever blooming hydrangeas.  I don't want to take a chance if it means no blooms for next year.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1, my husband has apple trees all over the property.  Honeycrisp, Cox's orange pipin, crab apple and others.  My neighbors love it as they don't have to buy two to mate.

Hydranges in our zone (5) don't bloom until late July.  They are lovely all through the fall.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCFanfromLongIsland, prune Forever and Ever Hydrangeas in the Spring.   I believe it blooms on new and old wood.  

You can also fertilize in the spring.  I think you can also fertilize just after the plant flowers.  I only do it once a year because I have so many.   That should help the flower production.

Sometimes it takes a few years for a hydrangea to settle in before it flowers.  My experience with the Endless Summer ones is that they flower right away.  They are so beautiful.  LM