Honored Contributor

The Fall migration has begun!

[ Edited ]

Our 1st Fall migrating hummingbird has arrived and has been feeding in our gardens since about noon. The juvie male made our day today and is a sight for sore eyes! Smiley Very Happy

We only see the Hummingbirds during the Spring & Fall migration periods.

We live about 60 miles outside of the western edge of the range of where the Ruby throated breed during the summer.

By next week we'll start seeing the Orioles passing through too.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Fall migration has begun!

This morning I saw a flock of Canadian Geese headed south, I live in NC.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I think I might have responded already to your other post.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise   We're keeping our hummers here for as long as we can eek out. We're in Ohio, love these little things. We have the same ones come back each year, 2 types one bigger than the other and their mates. So much fun to watch for sure, we can be out watering and they'll come right up to us.

These migrations of birds & geese seem early to me, hoping this doesn't mean fall/winter is coming closer than normal this year.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I'm in Central Florida...I have two feeders up...I cant believe the show the hummers are displaying...I feel like it's just for me😍. Two weeks ago, I got some sad news...so about 5pm I sat out in my lanai, with my little Coleman grill cooking some kabobs, and having a nice glass of wine...I kinda drifted into the sad news I got earlier. Then I looked up, and both hummingbird feeders were busy with at least 6 hummers chasing each other, and feeding. Went on for about 30 minutes...I was entertained and it made me smile. Thank God!!😍
I've had to refill every few days...they're coming like crazy...Love it!!
Respected Contributor

I am in SE VA and we have had lots of hummer traffic lately!  They are coming to my feeders and to the wild flower garden we have.  I just love watching them!

Esteemed Contributor

I saw more Hummmers than usual at my feeders in the last week....I agree!