Contributor

Re: The Fall Hummingbird Migration has begun!!!

I live in northern Missouri and have hummers from late April til the end of September.  This year most have  left early!  The last few days I've only seen one or two and this is only the 3rd. of Sept.   This is usually one of the busiest times, keeping all the feeders filled.  I always have one that holds out til the last minute to leave though. 

Esteemed Contributor

I live in NE Ohio and I think my Hummers have migrated....haven't seen one in 3 days. I took all the feeders down but one this morning........I am going to miss the little buggers.....

New Contributor

I have a question...Are there hummers in Florida?  I would love to have them come visit.  If so what do I need to get them to come around? 

New Contributor

Oh my cuteness! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The temp dropped to the 60s, 50somehing last night.  I only have seen two hummingbirds today.

Tomorrow it should be back in the mid 70s. 

I hope the hummingbirds aren't gone already.  I'm not ready for fall and winter.

9/27/15 - I will be taking down all my feeders today.  No sightings for 4 days.

I have my 2016 calendar marked to buy some replacement feeders in March from Ace Hardware.  They like the small flat ones best.  My calendar is also marked to put them out the last week of April.

Valued Contributor

I saw three hummingbirds today at my Black and Blue Salvias, although I know any day now will likely be the last sighting. 

I love Fall, but really miss the hummingbirds.  Hubby does too!

Respected Contributor

I'm in the Pacific Northwest (the western side of the state), and where we live we get the little guys 12 months out of the year.  I only see maybe 4 different ones though, wish we'd get more.

Honored Contributor

I am in southern WV, and think our females finally departed earlier this week; the males left several weeks ago.   

Contributor

A few years ago I put out a hummingbird feeder, never saw a bird but did have the biggest, prettiest butterfly that sat there and drank for a long time...The later was told that it would be a very rare thing to see a hummingbird in our area......