Valued Contributor

Teapot Spout Advice for Glass Garden Art

I have several pieces of glass garden art which I have purchased from a vendor at an annual craft fair.  The craft fair has been canceled for this year so I am trying my own.  It will be a teapot glued to a plate, glued to a narrow vase and placed on a stake.  The Vendor gave me advice on the adhesive but as I was gluing things this afternoon I wondered if there is a way to plug the spout of the teapot so rain doesn't get it.  Unfortunately I've already glued the teapot lid so that will make it more difficult to get access to plug the spout.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I thought about trying clay but will have to go buy some.

I have included a photo of the teapot and the base plate and vase.

IMG_0207.JPG

Honored Contributor

Re: Teapot Spout Advice for Glass Garden Art

[ Edited ]

@Wobin    A cork trimmed to fit and pushed down into into the spout?  I've never seen these, they're a really cute idea.  You're doing a nice job.

A tiny squirt of canned foam insulation inserted into the spout?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe find a small stone or marble that fits in the tip of the spout...and use the same adhesive to secure it in and prevent water getting past.

Another idea....seal the spout with something small and flat and attach a little statue on top of that...a little frog, fairy, etc.

I'm probably not explaining this well...but I can picture it in my mind lol!

I would love to see a picture when you finish it!  Pretty components.

added:  I like @Kachina624 's idea of a small cork!

Valued Contributor

Good ideas @Kachina624  and @alicedee .  Thank you so much.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link to another retail site.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh and yeah...post as many pictures of your glass garden as you can stand please. I would LOVE it I just know it.

My post got ixnayed because I put a link to a stores site...I meant no harm just was trying to show a photo of Flex Seal spray in white. Perhaps use the spray format to seal up the spout.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Wobin    A cork trimmed to fit and pushed down into into the spout?  I've never seen these, they're a really cute idea.  You're doing a nice job.

If you search "glass garden art" or "glass garden totems" on Pinterest there will be a number of examples.  I first received one as a gift, a bird feeder, and I thought it was too pretty to put outside.  

I have another that has a ceramic cat on top.  The paint on the cat has faded so my next project will be to see if I can touch it up and seal it.  Had to clean it in the bathtub.  Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

Cat totem in the bathtub

IMG_0206.JPG

Valued Contributor

My "new" teapot will be on a straight stake, this one is bent so it looks like the teapot is ready to pour into the cup below.

IMG_0209B.JPG

Valued Contributor

The vendor did a fabulous job with this glass flower.  A beautiful china plate sits on a deviled egg plate attached to the vase which slips over the bent rebar.  On top of the yellow china plate she put a ruffly sort of plate and a cut glass toothpick holder.  This is the one I bought last year.

IMG_0211.JPG