Valued Contributor

Re: Teapot Spout Advice for Glass Garden Art

Wow - these are beautiful!

What a great hobby and craft - especially love the teapot in the garden - 

Valued Contributor

Here's a look at the backyard and some of the glass pieces at the front of the planter.  This was taken in June when the flowers were at their best.  Now everything is kind of cooked and going to bake again this weekend.

IMG_0008B.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

Since I tend more to repair rather then art, my thought was silicone tub sealer.  Adheres well and cleans up and molds.

Valued Contributor

OMG, I love these - especially the cat totem!  Any how-to advice you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Valued Contributor

@lynne6was7 wrote:

OMG, I love these - especially the cat totem!  Any how-to advice you can share would be greatly appreciated.

So far I have only glued the lid in place on the replacement teapot using E6000 adhesive as recommended by the original creator of these glass pieces.  Now I am waiting for the Flex Shot I ordered to arrive to seal the spout.  

When that's done I will set up the base plate and vase on the rebar stake in a pot on my patio to glue the teapot to the plate.  I realized yesterday that it will have to be sitting upright to dry  and this is the only way I have figured out.  In the meantime I hope to add some touch up paint to the cat totem and seal it.

There are samples of how to make similar glass garden art pieces online and on YouTube.  I happen to like how this vendor uses tall narrow vases that slide on the rebar stakes.  The trick is her stakes for flowers are bent not straight--no idea how she might do that.