Super Contributor

I loved Martha Stewart's faux bois planters but I wasn't sure what I would plant in them.  And then in one show she showed the large 19" planter with foxtail (asparagus) ferns in this planter and I knew this is what I would plant.  I planted some white allysum at the edge of the pot.  I love the way it turned out.

Next to this pot I have planters with caladiums.  I plant these every year.  In the fall I process the bulbs and put them to bed for the winter.  At the end of May I plant them and they come back bigger and better than when I first purchased the bulbs.

Image004.jpgImage005.jpg

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Lovely! Just lovely. You're giving Martha a run for her money. Ha!

Esteemed Contributor

Now that's a beautiful display.  I've seen some gardens posted here and I just roll my eyes.  Too much of everything - some gardeners don't know when to stop.  You and Martha did an A+++ design.  Congratulations.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful! I also love the faux bios planters. Love seeing all the garden pictures. I gave up. The deer love my flowers.

Respected Contributor

Just my style of plantings!  Gorgeous!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@BklynKinsey   I love your rock patio, and admire your tenacity re the caladiums.  

Super Contributor

Thank you all for your kind words.

@mousiegirl   Processing the caladiums for their winter sleep is quite a job, but it has been very successful and rewarding.  And it saves me a lot of $ since the bulbs can be expensive.

@fthunt   I know -- we gardeners get carried away sometimes and try to pack too much in.   I try to keep myself "in check!" (not always successful).  I have a very shady urban garden (NYC) and I've learned thru the years what will work for me -- caladiums, Japanese maples, heucheras, hostas, rhododendrons, etc.

Honored Contributor

@BklynKinsey.  Very pretty.  I love yours and Martha's pots.   I got some similar but cheaper on Zulily.  I use them to elevate pieces I  display inside of the house.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment