Esteemed Contributor

Surprised at such a gorgeous day!

It's in the high 40's in Lincoln, sunny, blue skies and everything is so dry already. I lugged the hose out of the garage, hooked up a tractor sprinkler and have been watering the lawn most of the day!

Didn't expect to do that after our freezing weather all last week. So happy to have some pretty fall days! Guess the tractor sprinkler will stay outside for a while. I like to make sure everything is well watered before winter really hits.

How is everyone else fairing in early November? 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Re: Surprised at such a gorgeous day!

@BirkiLady.  Better enjoy it while you can.  Those of us in my area enjoy that kind of weather all winter... blue skies, mild temperatures and dry (too dry).  It's  to be sunny and in low 60s the whole next week.  Cold at night though.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Surprised at such a gorgeous day!

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624  If my family would move south (AZ or NM), I'd be out of this cold in a heartbeat! Participating in family and friends activies seem to make the winters tolerable. Can't imagine missing out on their lives. 

A neighbor and I were talking about that yesterday. We both hate cold weather, but live here to enjoy our family and grandchildren. She is healthy and can afford to travel to the carribean and/or Phoenix (more grandchildren in AZ) for 2-3 weeks per month. I've been unable to fly in recent years, so I watch her home, two felines and take in the mail. It works for us.

Years ago, we all enjoyed snow skiing, toboggans, ice skating and hiking  at our condo in Silverthorne. Then age crept up and we both lost our husbands. At least we have wonderful memories and are able to go on with our lives. I'm so happy she's able to travel and get out of this cold tundra, return with a gorgeous tan and keep an on-going relationship with her out-of-state grands!   

Money screams; wealth whispers.