Occasional Contributor

I have bought Cottage Farm Sunpatients that have done wonderful. Both years they have grown big with tons of blooms. Last years plants are still alive. Don't know if they will bloom this year. The only difference between last summer and now is that the leaves are not smooth. They have tiny stickers all around them.  Almost like a cactus.  It seems strange. Has anybody else see this?

Respected Contributor

I haven't received mine yet, but I'll try to remember to look for this when they arrive. 

Esteemed Contributor

Patients are not  known to rebloom a second year.  However, if they do - they probably won't impress you with big and bold like previously.  For me - I'd remove those plants and buy new for a happy summer.  Could your stickers be little bugs of some kind?

Honored Contributor

Got a photo to show us?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Not a fan of sunpatients.  I adore Phillp Watson but he too seems pre occupied with them. Id rather plant gerber daisies. Hopefully the warmer days can distract us in the garden whether you enjoy sunpatients or something else.  Please be SAFE. Use gloves in the garden.  There is a little known risk of getting tetnus and many people have let their 10 year vaccination lapse.

Esteemed Contributor

Great advice @Reever . Gerber daisies can be found as periennials, rather than annuals. Much easier to plant once and let them return year after year with striking beauty (and happy faces)!

Agree to wear gloves and keep all shots up-to-date (especially now). We must be cognizant of our medical needs of vaccines, check-ups, etc., and follow through with them to ensure individual and health of everyone we encounter. This is a frightening world we now live in.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.