Occasional Visitor

Sun Patients from Cottage Farms

IMG_1276.JPGSun Patients still beautiful on October 10 the in Auburn! Alabama.

QVC Customer Care

Re: Sun Patients from Cottage Farms

@ChristyMc wrote:

IMG_1276.JPGSun Patients still beautiful on October 10 the in Auburn! Alabama.

Wow @ChristyMc - those Sun Patients are really beautiful!  You have quite the green thumb!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Barb 

Customer Care

Trusted Contributor

@Barbara-QVC You really don't need a green thumb to get these magnificant plants to look like this.  Mine are just as big and all I ever did was plant them in good soil and large pots and just had to remember to water them.  Once in a while I would forget the water and they started to droop, only to perk up almost immediately when given more water.  I will always order them each spring knowing what they do.  A great QVC purchase!

QVC Customer Care

@chlema wrote:

@Barbara-QVC You really don't need a green thumb to get these magnificant plants to look like this.  Mine are just as big and all I ever did was plant them in good soil and large pots and just had to remember to water them.  Once in a while I would forget the water and they started to droop, only to perk up almost immediately when given more water.  I will always order them each spring knowing what they do.  A great QVC purchase!

Thanks, @chlema.  I guess my problem then is that I totally forget to water!  LOL! 

Valued Contributor

Cottage Farms SunPatiens do very well for me too.

From northern NJ taken October 8, 2017:

600h_IMG_3383.jpg

600w_IMG_3412.jpg

They do take a lot of water!

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Trusted Contributor

I had these on my deck in large pots a couple of summers ago.  They are gorgeous.  Last summer husband (who is retired) said he was tired of dragging the hose and watering them every day.  I miss them every day!  So cheerful and pretty.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChristyMc    Here is a picture of my white Cottage Farm Sun Patients.  I have six in very large pots on my deck, and when they are mature, they are three feet wide eachDSCF2187.JPG. Smiley Happy  

Honored Contributor

@aggravated wrote:

I had these on my deck in large pots a couple of summers ago.  They are gorgeous.  Last summer husband (who is retired) said he was tired of dragging the hose and watering them every day.  I miss them every day!  So cheerful and pretty.

@aggravated  Mine only get morning sun, so don't require much watering, a good soaking is good for three or more days.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl   In the hot sun all morning and most of the afternoon on my deck.  Really hot days, we were watering in the a.m. and then again they would wilt in the afternoon.  It WAS a lot of watering - but worth it to me, not   so much husband. This year he planted tomatoes in pots on the deck and frankly, it all looked horrible.  Oh well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aggravated wrote:

@mousiegirl   In the hot sun all morning and most of the afternoon on my deck.  Really hot days, we were watering in the a.m. and then again they would wilt in the afternoon.  It WAS a lot of watering - but worth it to me, not   so much husband. This year he planted tomatoes in pots on the deck and frankly, it all looked horrible.  Oh well.

@aggravated  According to Philip, these love the heat and sun, and I don't recall his mentionig lots of watering, so I will listen to his spiel next year, because he should be mentioning this.  I know that regular impatients need lots of water, which is why sun patients are supposed to be better.

Tomatoes do need tons of water and fertilizing, thirsty and hungry plants they are. Smiley Happy