Contributor

Bought my lilies about 15 years ago in Mississippi. Moved them to Ohio 8;years ago, packed in peat for the winter, planted in spring, and, again, I am blown away the performance and fragrance of these lilies. Just amazing!

Honored Contributor

Mine will bloom next week (southeast PA).  They are in a somewhat shaded spot, so may be later than normal for this area.  Yes, the scent is wonderful.  But don't get their pollen on your clothes: the stain is next-to-impossible to remove.

Honored Contributor

@vll    In a post about gardens and flowers we'd love to see a picture. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

They are my absolute favorite then comes begonias.

I have some artificial ones I bought from QVC and everyone thinks they are real!

Remember when QVC was selling them?  They were made from the company that made flowers for the Queen.

I have several I bought at the time.  I love all of them.  It is funny to see people bend over to smell them!  They are various arrangements.

Many people don't understand that it is the stargazers that they are getting from that amazing and beautiful flower arrangement.

My daughters grew up with that smell because I bought them every week at the star.  Interesting...because they claim they don't like the smell.

Honored Contributor

And Easter lilies, that you buy for Easter, if you plant them in the ground, will bloom during the summer.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Re: Stargazer lilies

[ Edited ]

@vll   My lilies are blooming now, all heights and colors, and my garden is filled with their wonderful scent.

Contributor

799CBACE-D4A1-4947-B951-3F95B3F710E4.jpeg5997E35D-F6FB-45E6-AD71-31073526133E.jpeg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My absolute favorite flower!! I had about 4 dozen planted in pots on my back deck-----all colors too but the ones that knocked everyones socks off were called Big Brother --they are soft yellow, stems that grow to 6 feet tall and flowers bigger than your head!!! /and the scent was amazing!!! but I sold that house and couldn't take them with me---- but dug them up to give to SIL--I managed a few  very small bulbs to plant that are ready to bloom now---am in an apartment now and have a small deck only---LOVE THEM!!!