Esteemed Contributor

Hi everyone.  We have having a very cold Spring this year.  The rabbits ate my crocus until I gated them off.  Then they started on my day lilies.  Little stinkers.  I gated  them and my hostas which are only starting to break ground.

We moved false sunflowers today and planted deep burgundy phlox in the garden wall.

The black flies have arrived so the battle is on!

Here is what my daffodils look like...

And!  By the way, the hummers are here in Nova Scotia.

92970326-7273-417A-8BCD-13684D368CCF.jpegLM

Honored Contributor

Those little hummers will need food,it is cold here in maine.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

No hummers seen here yet. Also too cold and too wet.Their feeding station in my front yard awaits: feeder and fuchsias, which they love. 

The goldfinches are already here and enjoying their feeder. Also a water source near both feeders.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom  Love seeing those daffy's getting ready to trumpet! Such a sign of renewal of life. Also, deep burgundy phlox sound beautiful. Please post pics when they bloom!

Respected Contributor

Looks as if the daffodils are ready to open soon. I love them and their spring fragrance.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Spring Update

[ Edited ]

Good morning @Flatbush @PA Mom-mom @queendiva @goldensrbest , I had a good laugh.  I didn’t ‘hate’ the rabbits off, I gated them off.  Auto spell check got me!  

I also planted a Kousa Dogwood in the front bed.

@goldensrbest , our weather is like yours.  We are getting some rain tomorrow so that is good.  It will help things green up.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

Good morning @Flatbush @PA Mom-mom @queendiva @goldensrbest , I had a good laugh.  I didn’t ‘hate’ the rabbits off, I gated them off.  Auto spell check got me!  

@goldensrbest , our weather is like yours.  We are getting some rain tomorrow so that is good.  It will help things green up.  LM

Snow flurries possible tomorrow,snow in mountains, got to cover my pots tonite.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest , I haven’t taken the annuals plunge yet.  Don’t want to be trotting them in and out of the shed.  Near freezing here today and tomorrow.  What a cool Spring!  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Lilysmom 

I was wondering how you "hated" those rabbits off because I really hate my neighborhood rabbits and it has never worked for me!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne , I am sure I had your sratching your head over that one!  LM